Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
mfpreach
Enthusiast
mfpreach began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300
Kobo Missing Features?

Received my Kobo today and I must say I am impressed. It is very light (less than my PRS-300), feels good, was really cheap also.

Maybe some of you can help me out with this though.

Can you add bookmarks a la the Sony readers? I can't find that option and I'm assuming it isn't implemented.

Due to its lack of manual I eventually found out that you can simply drag .epubs to the root of the Kobo. While this is very convenient, the books don't show up in the Kobo software, so there is no way to add a cover to the book or manage it from there.

Also, it doesn't work in Calibre yet.
Does anyone know something I do not, Re: Title management?
Lastly: does anyone know why I can't change my font size with epubs I have created with Calibre?
Thanks in advance!
mfpreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:15 AM   #2
Snapply
Connoisseur
Snapply began at the beginning.

Device: Amazozn Kindlezz
no.
>3e2
Snapply is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 01:44 AM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I think Calibre support will be forthcoming. I sent my contact at Kobo the info on how to get it added, and it seems simple enough to do. Nobody is told me they are doing it or not, but it seems like a likely possibility.

The epub issue has been discussed in other threads. The short version is, it's a glitch on Adobe's end and they are working on it via a firmware upgrade eventually.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:22 AM   #4
mfpreach
Enthusiast
mfpreach began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300
Thanks for the update. I assumed Calibre support is forthcoming, I didn't know about the software glitch
Thanks!
mfpreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:57 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
The epub issue has been discussed in other threads. The short version is, it's a glitch on Adobe's end and they are working on it via a firmware upgrade eventually.
It seems more likely to be a bug in Kobo's adaptation of ADE, given that it does not occur on other devices which use ADE.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 07:19 AM   #6
terifili
Enthusiast
terifili doesn't litterterifili doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
you can save directly from calibre by using the save to disc option
terifili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #7
clicker666
clicker666 began at the beginning.

I was able to get my ePubs in using Adobe Digital Editions. I just dragged them into the ADE software, connected my Kobo, then dragged them into the Kobo folder. A little cumbersome, but overall not a big deal. Covers carried over properly.
clicker666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #8
terifili
Enthusiast
terifili doesn't litterterifili doesn't litter

I just dragged directly to the folder didn't even need Adobe DE
terifili is offline   Reply With Quote