Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 01-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #1
pbananth
Enthusiast
pbananth is on a distinguished road

Device: Ebookwise 1150,EBOOKWISE 1200,JOINTECH JE 100
Talking New owner

Hi,
i finally imported from USA throgh ebay..my ebook 1150..
after i got all the input from this Forum...
i just opened it and i have not explored..
but proud to own one..
a small q..
How to format the CArd...
or use?
kindly help..
thanks..
pbananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbananth View Post
Hi,
i finally imported from USA throgh ebay..my ebook 1150..
after i got all the input from this Forum...
i just opened it and i have not explored..
but proud to own one..
a small q..
How to format the CArd...
or use?
kindly help..
thanks..
The card is generally preformatted. It should just work.

dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
pbananth
Enthusiast
pbananth is on a distinguished road

Device: Ebookwise 1150,EBOOKWISE 1200,JOINTECH JE 100
when i inserted to my card reader.. it shows insert card..
but ebook info shows it contains some books..
kindly help..
pbananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
kindly help..
Can you use full sentences. I can't figure out exactly what you are asking. The eb1150 shows books in internal memory without a card. If you plug in the card then the books in internal memory are no longer shown at all. Only eBooks on the card are shown. Any download from the online bookshelf will go automatically to the card if it is inserted and to internal memory if the card is not inserted.

This is similarly true for eBook Librarian software that uses the USB port and emulates the online bookshelf.

If you insert the SMC card into a card reader the folders containing the eBooks should show up when you look at the card on the PC or Mac but they will not be IMP files. If you copy a IMP file to the card and then insert the card into the eb1150 the IMP file will be converted to internal form and then erased.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
if the card has books on it then its formatted already, if you don't want those books on it you could simply delete them

Quote:
kindly help..
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2008, 07:37 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i think i understand your problem, it seems to be the same one as i have : are you trying to use a usb memory card reader to read the card on your pc ? i bought one and the pc does not recognize the card, it does not see anything in the reader at all and gives me the message "please insert card" as well, however all the books i transferred to the card are visible on the reader (and other types of memory cards are recognized and accessible by the pc via the card reader, so it's very strange).

i do not know where this problem comes from but Stephanos has suggested a way around it which does not use the card reader, see this thread.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote