Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #31
plivesey
plivesey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Saw this on the Gollancz blog today. Some of them are a bit in the distant future but I've had my eye on The Boy With The Porcelain Blade for some time now.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 PM   #32
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Fans of David Weber's Honor Harrington military SF series may be interested in the new graphic novel series "Tales Of Honor" from Top Cow/Image Comics.

Google currently has Tales Of Honor #1 (ePub & PDF - DRM-free) for $2.51, 16% off the regular $2.99.

Download the "Tales of Honor" #1 preview (PDF)
Also, the introduction has some information about how this ties in to the book series.

More information about the series, as well as the game and planned movie:
io9 interview with David Weber and Scott Kroopf regarding the upcoming multimedia Honorverse productions

Other sources (currently all $2.99):

Amazon

Top Cow/Image Comics
Buy the print comic
Buy the ebook (PDF ePub CBR CBZ)

Comixology

Since I don't often buy comics, I have a question. What's the best way to save money on this series (either ebook or printed), assuming I decide I like it well enough to continue with it? I guess if it's successful, more of the usual ebook sources will sell it and may offer discounts. Otherwise, how does one get a deal on comics like this (subscriptions, discount codes, wait until omnibus editions are released, etc.)?
Old 03-07-2014, 09:43 PM   #33
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Thanks for the reminder bookmarked. I knew it was coming out, but forgot that it was this week. Nice that it can be purchased from the publisher DRM-Free (& multi-format).

Last edited by AnemicOak; 03-07-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:04 AM   #34
BetterRead
Addict
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
Since I don't often buy comics, I have a question. What's the best way to save money on this series (either ebook or printed), assuming I decide I like it well enough to continue with it? I guess if it's successful, more of the usual ebook sources will sell it and may offer discounts. Otherwise, how does one get a deal on comics like this (subscriptions, discount codes, wait until omnibus editions are released, etc.)?
Generally speaking, a collected or omnibus edition is going to be cheaper than buying the comics individually. The downside is you have to wait (a year or more) for there to be enough issues to even be collected. Also, not every series gets collected -- and even those that do, sometimes not every issue gets included. (Story arcs, for example, might be collected, but individual "one-off" issues might be left out.)

It's been my experience with Comixology that single issues generally go down a buck or so after a week or two. Also, they have sales quite regularly, spotlighting certain titles, publishers, issues, characters, etc.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #35
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRead View Post
It's been my experience with Comixology that single issues generally go down a buck or so after a week or two.
I think it varies a lot with series, but they do always drop after a while. If you're patient you can always save a buck or two on each title. Just wait till the price drops before you buy it.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:58 PM   #36
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
A late Smashwords RAEBW freebie I noticed if you still have time to grab it:

Sylvia Engdahl
(ISFDB entry) offers Books #1 & #3 in her self-published YA SF "Flame" series free to download or with coupon. She's also got 50% off a non-fiction book on historical cultural views of astronomy, originally published by Atheneum in 1974.

Also covered in the dedicated RAEBW thread, but I'll mention here that Gary K. Wolf (ISFDB entry), author of the books that the cult favourite film Who Framed Roger Rabbit? are based upon, are offering those for free, along with some Tor and Doubleday backlist books of his, and several others.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:24 AM   #37
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I bought Who Censored Roger Rabbit in hard cover, back in the 80s. It's much more "noir" -- and a much better story -- than the Disney picture. Free for only a couple more hours.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #38
bshar489
Addict
bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Fire HD8
Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales

On Amazon U.S. for $1.99. Hope I did the link right, haven't done this before

http://www.amazon.com/Bradbury-Stori...s=ray+bradbury

Bergette
Old 03-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #39
geekaren
geek
geekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one hand

Device: Oasis (1&2), Voyage, Kindle Touch, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshar489 View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Bradbury-Stori...s=ray+bradbury

Bergette
Your link worked perfectly. Thanks for posting this deal!
Old 03-09-2014, 03:00 PM   #40
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshar489 View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Bradbury-Stories-Most-Celebrated-Tales-ebook/dp/B00CKOV7WE/

Bergette
This is part of the Gold Box Deal today (Kindle Books $2.99 and under):

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-eBooks/...ode=7533915011

Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury is also on the list. There are several other SciFi/Fantasy deals on that list including Cryptonomicon, American Gods, and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #41
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
This is part of the Gold Box Deal today (Kindle Books $2.99 and under):

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-eBooks/...ode=7533915011

Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury is also on the list. There are several other SciFi/Fantasy deals on that list including Cryptonomicon, American Gods, and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
Thank you both - Nice selection of titles at great prices. Plus The Naked and the Dead has been on my Want an Ebook list for a good while, and I somehow missed its publication.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:04 AM   #42
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've just received an email from Lightspeed magazine giving me details of how to get the backissues I'm due from their kickstarter that finished last month.

If you joined the kickstarter, and haven't received an email (or three), check your spam folder.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:43 AM   #43
ebsebs
Connoisseur
ebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Nook ST/Nook HD+
David Simpson Post-Human Series 1-4 Free on Amazon

Amazon has volumes 1 - 4 of David Simpson's Post-Human series available for free today:

http://www.amazon.com/Post-Human-Ser.../dp/B00H0D5NTI
Old 03-12-2014, 09:11 AM   #44
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
The first two books in the Earth Girl trilogy (YA science fiction) by Janet Edwards are currently on sale in the UK (Kindle and Kobo, links for Kindle):

Earth Girl is £0.99
Earth Star is £1.99

Description for Earth Girl:

Spoiler:
A sensational YA science fiction debut from an exciting new British author. Jarra is stuck on Earth while the rest of humanity portals around the universe. But can she prove to the norms that she’s more than just an Earth Girl?

2788. Only the handicapped live on Earth. While everyone else portals between worlds, 18-year-old Jarra is among the one in a thousand people born with an immune system that cannot survive on other planets. Sent to Earth at birth to save her life, she has been abandoned by her parents. She can’t travel to other worlds, but she can watch their vids, and she knows all the jokes they make. She’s an ‘ape’, a ‘throwback’, but this is one ape girl who won’t give in.

Jarra invents a fake background for herself – as a normal child of Military parents – and joins a class of norms that is on Earth to excavate the ruins of the old cities. When an ancient skyscraper collapses, burying another research team, Jarra’s role in their rescue puts her in the spotlight. No hiding at back of class now. To make life more complicated, she finds herself falling in love with one of her classmates – a norm from another planet. Somehow, she has to keep the deception going.

A freak solar storm strikes the atmosphere, and the class is ordered to portal off-world for safety – no problem for a real child of military parents, but fatal for Jarra. The storm is so bad that the crews of the orbiting solar arrays have to escape to planet below: the first landing from space in 600 years. And one is on collision course with their shelter.

I've read and enjoyed both.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #45
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsebs View Post
Amazon has volumes 1 - 4 of David Simpson's Post-Human series available for free today:

http://www.amazon.com/Post-Human-Ser.../dp/B00H0D5NTI
Nice, thanks! I had first three books and this completes my set.
Closed Thread