Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #1321
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Has anybody noticed that the "special offers" are getting to be mostly ads and not offers? Getting a little disgusted with this.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #1322
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I turned my wife's K3K off of ads. There was nothing of note and it was just murdering the battery.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #1323
renswic
Enthusiast
renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: 2018 PW4
Anyone have any luck getting a hold of Amazon and talking them into taking the adds off at not cost for older kindles? My old one is almost 2 years old, has had over $200 in books purchased and is now in my wife's owner ship. I'm going to give them a call and see if I can sweet talk them into doing it.

Do find it annoying that it would have cost $15 to take the adds off of mu KFHD yet it is $20 to do so on a basic ereader.
renswic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #1324
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Has anybody noticed that the "special offers" are getting to be mostly ads and not offers? Getting a little disgusted with this.
This happens every time a new generation of Kindles is released. I think they have "special offers" in the beginning because that is what everyone expects from the name. After a few months, it just dwindles down to ads.

Probably won't see many actual offers again until the next round of Kindles.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #1325
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
This happens every time a new generation of Kindles is released. I think they have "special offers" in the beginning because that is what everyone expects from the name. After a few months, it just dwindles down to ads.

Sad but true.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:40 AM   #1326
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Sad but true.
Aw phooey. I may just pay to get them off. I think I would like not having to swipe or tap every time to get to my book.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #1327
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Aw phooey. I may just pay to get them off. I think I would like not having to swipe or tap every time to get to my book.
I just paid $15 to removed ads from KFHD, and I still have to swipe!!!! That was a wasted $15.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #1328
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I just paid $15 to removed ads from KFHD, and I still have to swipe!!!! That was a wasted $15.
Only on the Paperwhite, which cost $20.00 to remove (plus tax).