Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Woodstonian
Connoisseur
Woodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Faint or thin text vs Touch

I've searched the Forums for this but haven't found any previous mention of it.

I have both a Kobo Glo and a Touch. I notice that the text on the Glo, with the same font and settings as the Touch, seems much finer, not as dark as the Touch. I can't adjust it to be as heavy as on the Touch. Firmware on the Touch is 2.0.0 (r41097, 7/9/12) compared to 2.1.4 (r43703 10/1/12) on the Glo. I suspect that the difference in resolution between the two devices would cause some of this but even at the highest Weight setting on the Glo, I can't get it as dark as the Touch. I've tried every font that's available on both with no success (usually stick to Georgia). Has anyone else noticed this? Any suggestions?
Woodstonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kobo Touch
Might be worth having a look at this thread for ideas https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=194325 . I use Amaranth, as described in my post on this thread, which is a nice "thick" dark font.
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
Woodstonian
Connoisseur
Woodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the partyWoodstonian brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycymru View Post
Might be worth having a look at this thread for ideas https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=194325 . I use Amaranth, as described in my post on this thread, which is a nice "thick" dark font.
Thanks. That is a better font. Since I posted this, I also upgraded to 2.1.5. Even the Georgia looks better now.

Case closed as far as I'm concerned. Thanks again.
Woodstonian is offline   Reply With Quote