Looks pretty cool!
StanDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #17
zooLert
Enthusiast
zooLert is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Thanks everyone for the comments!

Also, we think this is a good thing - tell us if it is not - but we only search for items that are Kindle related.

In other words, if you look for a book that is NOT available in the Kindle format, you will not get any search results back.

We do have another tracker for that, but that's a separate thing.

You guys are Kindle guys So, we keep the results Kindle only to keep it clean and easy to use.

And, that way, you can keep tabs on your book that you have been waiting to be Kindle-itized. If the book is available, you will see it.

(Thanks everyone for the kind comments and suggestions so far!)
zooLert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #18
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Damn, that's cool. I'm kind of jealous!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #19
brn_eyed_girl81
Connoisseur
brn_eyed_girl81 began at the beginning.

The more I play with it, the more I really like it. I've added several books, can't wait for the prices to drop!
brn_eyed_girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #20
zooLert
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Damn, that's cool. I'm kind of jealous!

Thanks man....

Appreciate the kind words!

If you have any thoughts or ideas - let us know.
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #21
zooLert
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brn_eyed_girl81 View Post
The more I play with it, the more I really like it. I've added several books, can't wait for the prices to drop!
We'll check about every 4 mins.

If it happens, you'll get an alert.

From there, click the link and you're on your way to Amazon.

We don't do any through-our-site-purchase stuff. It's a handoff to Amazon from the alert (once you get one).

And keep in mind, you can check trends too... Sometimes amazon drops prices in trends.... So, in the event you are away from the machine when the drop happens, you can keep tabs on the trend to see when it may happen again.

(The trends are on your custom tracker page)
Old 02-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #22
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooLert View Post

Thanks man....

Appreciate the kind words!

If you have any thoughts or ideas - let us know.
LOL, make it available for Sony

I can see a lot of Kindlers loving this.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #23
zooLert
Enthusiast

Quote:
LOL, make it available for Sony

I can see a lot of Kindlers loving this.
Oh yea - the zune of the ebook world

I keed, I keed!!

That's actually not a bad idea.

I have to be honest - never thought about that.

We have some kinks / testing / benefiting of users actually using KindleMart to iron out a few things but perhaps that will be on the short list.

Make it work the same?
Old 02-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #24
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Oh yea - the zune of the ebook world

I keed, I keed!!

That's actually not a bad idea.

I have to be honest - never thought about that.

We have some kinks / testing / benefiting of users actually using KindleMart to iron out a few things but perhaps that will be on the short list.

Make it work the same?
I'm not sure if it would be worth the effort, really. Sony doesn't usually change the prices of their stuff, and when they do, it's well marked (if it's a promo). I'd be more excited to find out what books are getting added from my favorite author's backlists. I can find the new stuff easily, but if it's older (most of the time they add it by original publication date), I'll never know unless I look.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #25
brn_eyed_girl81
Connoisseur

Hmm, I've started having a little trouble - some of the things I've searched that are available aren't found. Is it supposed to find anything that Amazon has for Kindle?

I was adding a couple of Jodi Picoult books, and like every other time I searched her name it would come up with no results. The other one is Neil Gaiman - Coraline and the Graveyard book are both on Amazon, but zooLert can't find them.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #26
zooLert
Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm not sure if it would be worth the effort, really. Sony doesn't usually change the prices of their stuff, and when they do, it's well marked (if it's a promo). I'd be more excited to find out what books are getting added from my favorite author's backlists. I can find the new stuff easily, but if it's older (most of the time they add it by original publication date), I'll never know unless I look.
Now that's an interesting thought that is being tossed around for the existing tracker.

Not only track what IS available and set a price.. BUT, also add a feature to say "lemme know when this hits the digital world"... Right? That seems like it would be pretty handy.

Disclaimer : I would use that feature
Old 02-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #27
zooLert
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hmm, I've started having a little trouble - some of the things I've searched that are available aren't found. Is it supposed to find anything that Amazon has for Kindle?

I was adding a couple of Jodi Picoult books, and like every other time I searched her name it would come up with no results. The other one is Neil Gaiman - Coraline and the Graveyard book are both on Amazon, but zooLert can't find them.
Not that's odd.

I looked for "Neil Gaiman", and one of the books that came up was Coraline.

Graveyard however didn't.

If you dont see it come up in the KindleMart, then its not part of the Amazon-Kindle world.

Like I mentioned before - trying not to totally spam things up with irrelevant non-kindle stuff, but we do have a global Amazon tracker.

What if we said something like :

No results found, but, click here to try your search on all of Amazon.com?

Would that help?

(But, like I mentioned, I did find the first book.. Maybe an accidental typo on the first search?)

And the jodi stuff... I'll have to look at the logs to see what might have happened... So, one click it works, the next it doesnt?

Last edited by zooLert; 02-15-2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: added question about jodi too
Old 02-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #28
brn_eyed_girl81
Connoisseur

Yeah, that's weird, I just tried it again and it came up.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #29
zooLert
Enthusiast

Quote:
Yeah, that's weird, I just tried it again and it came up.
Only thing I saw immediately was a couple of searches was Neil Gaiman and neil gaiman.

That shouldn't have tricked it up.

I did see one where you added "Book".

I don't THINK that would have hosed it up... Shouldn't of.

.. Just tried it - seemed ok from my results.

Mmm. Not sure why what happened happened, but if you can break it again.... let me know!

Gonna have to hit the sack soon. Thanks for all the help and thoughts everyone. I'll check back in the morning. Hopefully it will still be up and running
Old 02-15-2009, 10:23 PM   #30
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Now that's an interesting thought that is being tossed around for the existing tracker.

Not only track what IS available and set a price.. BUT, also add a feature to say "lemme know when this hits the digital world"... Right? That seems like it would be pretty handy.

Disclaimer : I would use that feature
That would be killer.

Tags
amazon, book, kindle, price drop, price tracker