Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #46
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Don't whine about slow connectivity, I downloaded my first Linux build in the early 90s at 1200 baud... I think it took about two weeks. And that was in the snow, uphill, both ways.

-MJ
...with a hole in your shoe and a mouthful of porcupine quills, right ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #47
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Not sure why I keep clicking to look at this thread which is obviously written in a furn language...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2008, 02:49 PM   #48
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

heh...
Old 11-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #49
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Not sure why I keep clicking to look at this thread which is obviously written in a furn language...
We're just making it up as we go along... Sort of like how Ikea names its furniture.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:01 PM   #50
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
We're just making it up as we go along... Sort of like how Ikea names its furniture.

-MJ
shhh !!! that's supposed to be a secret !! how are we going to impress the technophobes if you give it away ???
Advert
Old 11-18-2008, 03:05 PM   #51
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:

-MJ
I KNEW IT!!!!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:09 PM   #52
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
I take it you are a good designer and are sure to make sure your pages render properly in Firefox, Opera, Safari, et al., correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
naturally. i am a professionnal, after all (*sigh*). now you understand why i'm so rabidly pro-epub : format standardisation is like my holy grail.
Hoorah! Some-one who tests websites work with Opera(*)!

But do you test what they look like in Lynx? (**)

(* Sorry - I can get a bit obsessive about my browser of choice)

(** Link for those not old enough or not geeky enough to know what I'm talking about)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #53
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Whoops, sorry Z... I slipped... Ummm, errr.

Hey pshrynk, I think you should know the past couple posts you read were actually the result of a buffer overflow and didn't reflect the actual knowledge or opinions of professional IT personnel.

-MJ
Old 11-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #54
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hard reboots are a staple in computer/electronics troubleshooting.
Quote:
yep. isn't that always the way. although honestly it took me forever to find out about them, i wish they were a bit more common knowledge ! (among non sysadmins, i mean.)
I have almost everyone where I work well trained - they mostly know to do that before they call me
Old 11-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #55
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post

(** Link for those not old enough or not geeky enough to know what I'm talking about)
do you hate me or something ?

the answer to your question is : listen, my code is valid, i use hierarchical markup (H1, H2...), and text nav, and that's as much as you're going to get !! Lynx, pfff. no pictures !!! no pictures at all !!! really not feeling the love, here.

(this is why the W3C guys are my heroes).

oh and PS : i don't test websites, i make websites. the testing bit, while important, is nonetheless not technically my MAIN activity.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #56
mjh215
Guru

Quote:

Opera is my browser of choice, has been for years. And Lynx was my first browser... Real geeks browse the web with a C64...

-MJ
Old 11-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #57
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
do you hate me or something ?

the answer to your question is : listen, my code is valid, i use hierarchical markup (H1, H2...), and text nav, and that's as much as you're going to get !! Lynx, pfff. no pictures !!! no pictures at all !!! really not feeling the love, here.
Teasing Hence the winking wotsit
Old 11-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #58
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Teasing Hence the winking wotsit
i know, i know... i was laughing, too. mostly. today. since i wasn't doing any coding. today.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #59
mjh215
Guru

Ok ok, Lynx is too advanced for Zelda... Do you test your pages on Maxthon then?

-MJ
Old 11-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #60
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
i know, i know... i was laughing, too. mostly. today. since i wasn't doing any coding. today.
That sounds like the sort of day our new software engineer was having. He didn't know what he was supposed to be doing, so he decided to not to anything. I think he'll fit in