Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #181
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buran View Post
Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but is still at label-created stage. This is concerning, but if Amazon gets them to UPS today, there is still time. I ordered with one-day shipping.

Is anyone else still at this stage? Hopefully, the package is not lost.
Mine is still at label-created stage and also indicates it will ship via UPS Ground. I also ordered with one-day shipping, but UPS Ground from TN to TX isn't likely to get it here overnight. But hopefully it will...

EDIT: No sooner did I write the above when UPS updated their info. One minute it shows they are waiting for the package from Amazon in TN and the next moment it has magically appeared in Mesquite, TX (about 30 miles away)! It currently lists this for EDD:

Quote:
Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Tuesday, 10/02/2012, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Wednesday, 10/03/2012, By End of Day
I'm not sure where they got the "Originally Scheduled For Delivery On" date as I never saw that before. Amazon always showed the EDD as Oct 2. Oh well, looks like we shouldn't put too much emphasis on what Amazon or UPS tracking is showing at any given moment as the package might be farther along than what they are displaying.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-01-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #182
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Mine is still at label-created stage and also indicates it will ship via UPS Ground. I also ordered with one-day shipping, but UPS Ground from TN to TX isn't likely to get it here overnight. But hopefully it will...
With mine the label was made in TN but the actual Kindle is shipping from PA to NJ so it will make it overnight with ground.

-Greg
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #183
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
With mine the label was made in TN but the actual Kindle is shipping from PA to NJ so it will make it overnight with ground.

-Greg
I just updated my earlier post so see above...

EDIT: I suspect mine probably originated from the big distribution warehouse in north TX rather than TN and that is why it suddenly turned up in Mesquite, TX at the UPS facility.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-01-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #184
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
I also got the 'originally scheduled' thing when my UPS tracking finally popped:

Quote:
Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Tuesday, 10/02/2012, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Wednesday, 10/03/2012, By End of Day
Meanwhile, my PW is now sitting in a UPS facility a mere hour away.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #185
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
You guys worry about which UPS facility its sitting in, but I ordered mine on opening day and it still isn't even showing that it's ready to ship... :-(
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #186
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
I placed 4 separate orders on 9/6.

1) 3G SO - shipping soon (expected 10/2) - paid for 1 day shipping
2) wifi SO - shipping soon (expected 10/2) - paid for 1 day shipping
3) fushia case - shipping soon (expected 10/2) - paid for 1 day shipping
4) black case - shipped (was expected 10/11) - standard 2 day prime shipping

So the one item that has been shipped and is due tomorrow is the one that I did not pay extra shipping fee for.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #187
jswinden
Nameless Being

One poster on the Kindle Boards forum said she had an EDD of Oct 2 and had pre-ordered on day one. After not seeing her "Not Yet Shipped" change to "Shipping Soon" she called CS. CS informed her they ran out of stock. There is no way to tell if the CS representative was truly informed on the situation or just making assumptions.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #188
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
One poster on the Kindle Boards forum said she had an EDD of Oct 2 and had pre-ordered on day one. After not seeing her "Not Yet Shipped" change to "Shipping Soon" she called CS. CS informed her they ran out of stock. There is no way to tell if the CS representative was truly informed on the situation or just making assumptions.
I saw that post too, but I find it difficult to believe.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #189
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I saw that post too, but I find it difficult to believe.
I've been trying to get her to calm down and wait--she is threatening to cancel her order. I think CS is often wrong on shipping issues, and I know Amazon is having trouble updating the shipping status for customers due to the extremely high volume of shipments. As some have noted, it is not unusual to receive an Amazon order before their website even indicates that it shipped!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #190
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've been trying to get her to calm down and wait--she is threatening to cancel her order. I think CS is often wrong on shipping issues, and I know Amazon is having trouble updating the shipping status for customers due to the extremely high volume of shipments. As some have noted, it is not unusual to receive an Amazon order before their website even indicates that it shipped!
I think the CS person likely made a mistake. I find it too hard to believe that they have charged our credit cards, and say it's about to be shipped, and now suddenly they made a mistake and all of the "shipping soon" people won't get their Paperwhites until the end of October? I'd like to think Amazon has a a better grip on their inventory than that. That would be a pretty big mistake.

I hope she holds out and doesn't cancel.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #191
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
I find it too hard to believe that they have charged our credit cards, and say it's about to be shipped, and now suddenly they made a mistake and all of the "shipping soon" people won't get their Paperwhites until the end of October?
The person in question, according to the first post on this issue, was still in "Not Yet Shipped". I surely hope that this information is false as mine is also still indicating "Not Yet Shipped", also ordered on 9/6.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #192
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
The person in question, according to the first post on this issue, was still in "Not Yet Shipped". I surely hope that this information is false as mine is also still indicating "Not Yet Shipped", also ordered on 9/6.
Ah I see, thanks for pointing that out. For some reason I read it as "shipping soon". I still think it's very possibly a mistake though.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #193
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I just went back and reread her posts today. Apparently her first EDD was Oct 10. Last week she went in and messed with the shipping address and the EDD changed to Oct 2. You are correct that her shipping status never progressed beyond "Not Yet Shipped."

Others in that forum are also saying that there EDD's are being pushed out to Oct 22 or later, but they seem to all have had an original EDD of next week or later. No real indication of EDD for today or tomorrow having been pushed back, as far as I can tell.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #194
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I ordered very soon after release (an hour or so) and my EDD was and is Oct 11 for the PW and Oct 31 for the cover.

I figured... KCCO - why the heck should I care... frankly, one week here or there... bah.
Maybe I am just getting old.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #195
Otter
Connoisseur
Otter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505, PRS-650, ipod Touch, ipad 2, NC, Kindle Scribe
I ordered my PW SO on 9/6 just a couple hours after they started allowing pre-orders. I ordered it along with one of the black onyx cases. Since the time I first placed the order until this morning, it has always shown the order as being sent in two shipments with an EDD of the PW for tomorrow 10/2 and the case on 10/10. I kept checking the status all day yesterday when people here were reporting statuses changing to shipping soon etc. Mine always stayed at Not Yet Shipped, until this morning. Now it has combined into one shipment instead of two, a status of shipping soon, but a EDD of 10/10. CS at amazon would only say "we're out of stock" and that if they were still out of stock the 10/10 date was no guarantee then either. So...depressed...and disappointed
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote