Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Finally got my DX

And I have to say that the larger size, and the added text that can be displayed, is a little overwhelming. I have been using the K2 since it was first released and I guess it is going to get some getting used to.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Once you get used to it you'll wonder why you waited so long. Fewer page turns. So much more text/page. Actually can see illustrations! Have fun!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 04:23 AM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am starting to see what you mean. While it is not easy to carry around like the K2, it is even closer to reading a regular book as I think you can get with an ereader (for me at least)
Old 06-03-2010, 05:52 AM   #4
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Very tempted....
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiXSendai View Post
Very tempted....
The only drawback that I have found so far has been the loss of portability, but since I also have an iPhone I just read on that when I am out
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 10:31 AM   #6
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Congrats on your new puppy! I know some people prefer K2 in the long run. I'm curious how it works out for you.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Congrats! Hope you like it. I never had a K2, just jumped right on the DX, but I love it. Portability isn't a problem for me, though, since I carry a purse and just pop it in there.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:27 PM   #8
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
I'm so glad you finally got it!
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #9
laurie_lu
Connoisseur
laurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litter

Device: none
For portability, you could always put it in a back pack or messenger bag. Those aren't easily confused with 'man purses'.
laurie_lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #10
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie_lu View Post
For portability, you could always put it in a back pack or messenger bag. Those aren't easily confused with 'man purses'.
I do use a gym back to go to and forth to work and I use that
In as little as a week I have gotten a good mix using my iPhone/DX as a reading combo
Old 06-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #11
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie_lu View Post
Except in my case -- no issues with the man purse thing -- I don't lug around a back pack or a messenger bag. So, I'd be lugging around the back pack to put the DX into ...

This is what makes the Kindle 2 attractive. If I must carry something ... I can handle the Kindle 2 since it's like carrying a book with me and I'll do that if going out to have a coffee "and a read". (I've tried the Blackberry Bold for e-reading but, um, no thanks.) I have to add, this portability issue is high on the list of why I like the Kobo -- it is considerably smaller and lighter ... but the identical screen size as the Kindle 2.

Still, maybe I'll become a Kindle DX convert down the road. I can always hand it over to my husband for him to carry in HIS man purse!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #12
PaulGuy
Zealot
PaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enough

Device: GDX, K2i, K3 3G, nook wi-fi
Congrats on your DX. I have one and it is just an awesome e-reader. As for the portability issue I still have my K2 and iPhone.
PaulGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #13
rcuadro
Wizard

I could not justify keeping the K2 so I sold it to my aunt and got her reading