Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
amethystmoon
amethystmoon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Help I dont know what I am doing

Hey I just downloaded Calibre a little while ago. I edited the metadata and I think switched it to .mobi it was in I believe pdf format then hooked up my kindle to my pc and clicked send but it does not seem to be working. What I really need it step by step instructions on how to change the metadata and switch it to .mobi so I can send them to my kindle. I must have done something wrong but I dont know what.
amethystmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
Try deleting the files you created and reimporting the original pdf file. In the upper left area of Calibre you can set the output format that you prefer. Select mobi. In your library select the pdf file that you want to convert. Press the Convert Ebook button at the top. Wait until the hourglass stops spinning. Send the new mobi file to the Kindle and test it.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #3
amethystmoon
amethystmoon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I got it

Thanks so much its working now. Can I go into my kindle documents and delete the other versions of the ebooks, even though I used my content manager on my kindle to delete books from my kindle they are still in my documents folder and so are other formats of the ebook
amethystmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
I'm glad it worked. I don;t know about your other question. I've never used a Kindle. I'm sure a Kindle owner will be along soon.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote