Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > Kindle Books (offline)

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 05:39 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Post Alighieri, Dante: La divina commedia (Illustrated, Multilingual), v1 21 Feb 2009

"La divina commedia" (The Divine Comedy), written by Dante Alighieri between 1308 and 1321, is considered one of the greatest works of world literature, and central work of Italian literature. It is an allegoric epic poem telling the journey of the author through the Christian Hell, Purgatory and Paradise, where he meets a plethora of sinners, monsters and virtuous souls...

This edition includes the original Italian text, along with four different translations: German (by Carl Streckfuß), English (by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow), Portuguese (by José Pedro Xavier Pinheiro), and Russian (by Mikhail Lozinsky). All the versions are cross-linked every 15 verses, in an attempt to make a kind of parallel edition. French and Spanish translations are under preparation, but may take some time.

Included too are the famous illustrations by Gustave Doré (135 woodcuts). In the text there are only thumbnails, but they are linked to full-sized illustrations. I'm uploadind two versions. The one named *_SmIm.mobi has smaller (in filesize) images, to comply with mobipocket limitations/specifications. The "large images" (and better quality) version works fine in the Cybook and in the Mobipocket Desktop Reader, though, so my advice is to use this if your reader supports it.

I think this is my most complex book so far, so it's probably full of errors and mistakes, though I did my best to make each version consistent and follow the language's typographic conventions. And, of course, all kind of feedback is welcome.

EDIT: I forgot to say, as much as I would like, this is not "the ultimate" edition, since it's missing all the notes many of the online texts have, but adding them would have been too much work for me now, maybe someone else will decide to try that

Last edited by Jellby; 02-21-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:01 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Wonderful! What an amazing job you've done with this.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #3
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
This looks very nice.
I'm eagerly awaiting the french translation as well, so I can enjoy it 3-way : italian, english and french.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
This looks very nice.
I'm eagerly awaiting the french translation as well, so I can enjoy it 3-way : italian, english and french.
It will take some time, as I said. I could only find an unprotected French version, but it's in prose and it needs quite a bit of editing.

For the Spanish translation, I could only fine a scanned PDF, so I'll have to type it or OCR-and-correct it.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
It will take some time, as I said. I could only find an unprotected French version, but it's in prose and it needs quite a bit of editing.
Ouch, moving it from prose to verses is going to be hard !

I'll keep my eyes open to see if I can find a better one.
EDIT : as you've already looked, don't count too much on it, though.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Ouch, moving it from prose to verses is going to be hard !
Luckily, it seems it's one paragraph for every stanza (3 verses), at least it's like that in the scans available at Google Books
Old 02-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #7
elena
Connoisseur
elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: CyBook Gen3
Gosh, it's a huge work you've done!
Darned hard to understand without notes, but it'll be interesting to look at the parallel translations
elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
A magnificant job you've done with this.

Great to see those illustrations - I hope they looks as good on my Cy as they do in MobiReader.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
german, italian, portuguese, russian