Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #46
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Hey, iandix, very slick wallpaper! I haven't fooled with that much, beyond realizing post-rooting that no live wallpapers actually worked on my device. Did you have to do anything special to get them working?
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #47
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
yep you do, not that much really. here is the link for it.

http://www.nookdevs.com/NookColor_En...ive_Wallpapers
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 09:35 PM   #48
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Sweet, thanks!
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:27 PM   #49
Gdzhlpr
Connoisseur
Gdzhlpr began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroh View Post
Here's my screen. It's mostly games for my daughter so it's easy for her to get to them. otherwise she may accidentally do something that I won't be able to fix. She's done that before with other stuff of "daddy's"...
hmmm I think I'm going to have to change out my plane jane NC home screen now. I love my wallpapers but these pic's show the true functionality of the Rooted Nook.

I like your screen but especially like your philosophy regarding your daughter. I'm going to share with my daughter who has to lock her phone so my 2 year old grandaughter does not mess up settings. once she gets to the photos or tic tac to she's fine
Gdzhlpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #50
beyond2k
beyond2k began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK Color
Hi, how do you put the icons on the home screen? I can't figure it out at all. It says to drag them to the screen, but how??? Thanks
beyond2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #51
ShadowDragon
Enthusiast
ShadowDragon has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond2k View Post
Hi, how do you put the icons on the home screen? I can't figure it out at all. It says to drag them to the screen, but how??? Thanks
I was stumped by this one too at the beginning When you are looking at all your apps, press and hold. After a brief moment it will switch to your home screen and you can let it go.
ShadowDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #52
beyond2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
I was stumped by this one too at the beginning When you are looking at all your apps, press and hold. After a brief moment it will switch to your home screen and you can let it go.
OK, sorry for being stupid, but where do I look at all my apps? Do I need to go to the Marketplace? I don't see any other way. Thanks
Old 01-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #53
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
OK, sorry for being stupid, but where do I look at all my apps? Do I need to go to the Marketplace? I don't see any other way. Thanks
If you're using a launcher (ADW, Zeam, Launcher Pro) the app should be in your app drawer. Whatever you click on in your launcher to show all of your apps.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #54
beyond2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
If you're using a launcher (ADW, Zeam, Launcher Pro) the app should be in your app drawer. Whatever you click on in your launcher to show all of your apps.
I'm using ADW. I'm somewhat lost..."app drawer"? How do I find this? Thanks
Old 01-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #55
beyond2k

Quote:
Ok. I've tried this: "Longpress homescreen - custom shortcut then tap "pick your activity" and choose "launcher actions", select "open/close App drawer".
When I press "Pick your activity" it just goes back to the main screen. Any ideas?
Old 01-15-2011, 09:47 AM   #56
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ok. I've tried this: "Longpress homescreen - custom shortcut then tap "pick your activity" and choose "launcher actions", select "open/close App drawer".
When I press "Pick your activity" it just goes back to the main screen. Any ideas?
Are you using ADW? If so your app drawer is on the dock at the bottom. There are icons at the bottom (3 or 5). The middle one is the app drawer. It is a square with 4 squares within it. Touch it, and all of your apps will show.

Find the app you want to be on your desktop (as a shortcut), give it a long press, and it will automatically move to your desktop as a shortcut. You'll see the app icon highlight when you give it a long press.

Whatever desktop you want the app to appear on, you have to be on the desktop already when you open the app drawer.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #57
beyond2k

Quote:
Are you using ADW? If so your app drawer is on the dock at the bottom. There are icons at the bottom (3 or 5). The middle one is the app drawer. It is a square with 4 squares within it. Touch it, and all of your apps will show.

Find the app you want to be on your desktop (as a shortcut), give it a long press, and it will automatically move to your desktop as a shortcut. You'll see the app icon highlight when you give it a long press.

Whatever desktop you want the app to appear on, you have to be on the desktop already when you open the app drawer.
Ok, i must have lost that icon, but was able to put it back. Now I can get to the app drawer. When I drag the app to the desktop, it sort of puts it where it wants. I am able to drag some to exactly where I want them but some just go where they want. I would like to put them more uniformly on the bottom of the screen. But can't figure that out.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #58
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Ok, i must have lost that icon, but was able to put it back. Now I can get to the app drawer. When I drag the app to the desktop, it sort of puts it where it wants. I am able to drag some to exactly where I want them but some just go where they want. I would like to put them more uniformly on the bottom of the screen. But can't figure that out.
The desktops have grids, meaning that they snap in place based on how many columns and rows there are. You can determine how many columns and rows you want. Go into the menu settings for ADW and select "Screen Preferences". Under "Desktop Layout" are "Desktop Columns" and "Desktop Rows". You may have to play around a bit to see how it works.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #59
beyond2k

Quote:
The desktops have grids, meaning that they snap in place based on how many columns and rows there are. You can determine how many columns and rows you want. Go into the menu settings for ADW and select "Screen Preferences". Under "Desktop Layout" are "Desktop Columns" and "Desktop Rows". You may have to play around a bit to see how it works.
Thanks very much. With all your help, I got it going.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #60
Gdzhlpr
Connoisseur
Gdzhlpr began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Thanks Scion, I can always count on your posts to help me back out of that corner. I still cant drag and drop a program to the little taskbar in at the bottom.
Gdzhlpr is offline   Reply With Quote