Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-29-2011, 07:12 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Question Updates how? and new install .... ?

Two queries, cheeky I know, but..................... please ?

1] Do Calibre updates happen/notify immediately, or does we have to go looking for them ?

2] Can I, and if so how do I, use Calibre solely on my new PRS350 ?

This from the original tech/computer dunce, so please be gentle with me...........

carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
1] Do Calibre updates happen/notify immediately, or does we have to go looking for them ?
Calibre checks for updates on program startup. So, once a new update is posted on the website, you'll get notified the next time you start your Calibre.

Quote:
2] Can I, and if so how do I, use Calibre solely on my new PRS350 ?
I don't know if I understood this correctly, but do you want to "install" Calibre on your PRS-350? If so, you cannot do that. Calibre is a program that runs on your PCand allows you to manage books on your PRS-350 (and others), not the other way around
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Brand new to Calibre and just got it set up with plug-ins, etc.

Question: Will updating affect my plug-ins or my library?

Also, can I backup the books in the MyCalibre file (under Documents) to CD or DVD?

Thanks!
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Brand new to Calibre and just got it set up with plug-ins, etc.

Question: Will updating affect my plug-ins or my library?

Also, can I backup the books in the MyCalibre file (under Documents) to CD or DVD?

Thanks!
Update do not normally affect your Library negatively.
Some updates upgrade your library in way that make shared use over widely divers versions (Say: 6.x on on system and 8.x on another) a bit problematic .
It is probably best to not differ more than a few 'x' level revisions in those cases.

Plugins: Are you talking custom or Calibre or MR supported ones. Get Kiwidudes plugin updater (for MR supported ones). It will advise when installe PI have updates.
For the most part, old ones will just work.

Always read the 'What's new' befor applying the upgrad if you have non-Calibre crew plugins or share between versions. There will be advisories
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Thank you, the ducks!

It's working perfectly for what I want it to do for now, so I think I'll skip the update.

Appreciate your help!
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote