Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #16
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I am doing a S&R and I spot something else in view that needs touch-up. I want to fix it while I see it and then Resume the S&R.
I thought that might be the case. In S&R mode, if you click back on your document, it closes the S&R window, but pressing F3 moves to the next match location. That's my most common method of use. Alternatively, I can ask for a list of all matches, which is in a separate window. That window stays open, I can see the matched text, and I can jump to any location, make changes and jump to any other location (although if I insert/delete too many lines, UE gets confused over the line numbers and I have to run the search again.)

I like it for HTML and other programming languages, but I don't think it's the best for Python, due to Python's extensive use of block formats by indents.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #17
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I'm not sure of the workflow you have in mind here. Also, I'm not familiar with NP++ (although, I've recommended it based on comments from others). (The office bought UE for me.)

UE has a spell checker and regex searching. In the spell checker, you'd normally fix or ignore each problem until the file is done, so I wouldn't normally exit the spell checker until the end. If I did exit, the spell check would start fresh, but I would have previously fixed the problems, or marked them as "ignore" or "add to custom dictionary," so they won't be found again.

The regex search will let you move to each match (F3) individually, or it will give you a popup window of the location and text of all matches found, and you'd click on a match in the popup to directly jump there (or switch to S&R and fix it that way).
I haven't used Spellcheck with N++ in the last few weeks, but from what I remember: you can tell it to ignore a special word, but if you leave spellcheck and start it again later, it forgot this "ignore" command, you have to do it again.
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #18
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

I seem to be having trouble opening an .htmlz ebook to Calibre 0.8.0. It imports properly and shows up as a .htmlz but when I try to view it with the internal viewer or convert it to .zip, I get the following error message:

calibre, version 0.8.0
ERROR: Could not open ebook: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'../../../../../cover.jpg'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/viewer/main.py", line 64, in run
File "lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 483, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/iterator.py", line 195, in __enter__
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/conversion.py", line 204, in __call__
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/htmlz/input.py", line 89, in convert
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'../../../../../cover.jpg'

If I unzip the .htmlz, the cover.jpg is there and is properly identified in the book.opf. If I simply rename the .htmlz to .zip and import it, all is fine (ie. the cover is correctly identified and used).

Ideas here?

Thanks,

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #19
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Email me the file and I'll figure it out.

I made some changes to the cover handling since 0.8.0's release so hopefully this is already fixed.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #20
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi user_none,

Thanks. I have e-mailed it to you directly.

KevinH.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #21
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Fix pushed for inclusion in next release.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #22
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Fix pushed for inclusion in next release.
Thank you.

KevinH