Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quartet Press: Open Submissions (Primarily Romance)

Thought this might be of interest to some of our indie published romance writers here.

http://quartetpress.com/about/submission-guidelines/

Quote:
Quartet Press is currently accepting queries for all genres of romance fiction, including erotic romance. We will also consider other genre fiction, provided the story contains a strong romantic plot thread. At this time, we are particularly interested in queries for erotic romance and romantic suspense.

They're looking for:

* Full-length novels should range between 50,000 – 100,000 words.
* Short stories and novellas ranging from 10,000 – 30,000 words will be considered as well.
* If it falls somewhere in between, please limit your query to cover letter and synopsis.

Reprints: We are interested in acquiring digital rights for previously published novels. Please contact us via email with specifics regarding title, word count, original publication information. We are only interested in previously published works for which the author has had all rights reverted.
Good luck with your submissions fellow writers

EDIT: They're a digital publishing company!! How did I forget that

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-13-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
ravenlife
Connoisseur
ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Great stuff for all the romance/erotica writers out there,

personally I couldn't write anything sexy, even if I had it shoved in my face
ravenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenlife View Post
Great stuff for all the romance/erotica writers out there,

personally I couldn't write anything sexy, even if I had it shoved in my face
I'm with you there. If there's one form of fiction I can't write it's erotica/romance. Takes some great skill to make it work I think

Oh, and if JanG is around, this looks like a great opportunity for your work. You have a nice chunk of readers on Feedbooks and Quartet are willing to look at shorter works, so it might be a springboard. If you submit anything, would you tell us how it goes, pretty please?
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
ravenlife
Connoisseur
ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
I was writing a piece of fiction a few years back that warranted a sex scene, asked my sister to help out, which turned out to be somewhat embarassing.

Your either good at it or you suck I suppose.

Anywho I'll open the floor to those who will will find this post helpful
ravenlife is offline   Reply With Quote