Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-11-2009, 05:02 AM   #1
canadianchick
canadianchick began at the beginning.

Device: none
Trying to find a Book

I am trying to find a book that I read when I was in Grade 5 (1985) I am not sure how old the book was at the time I read it however what I do remember is that it was a story based on the theme of the Wizard of Oz. A group of characters following a road to meet a wizard at the end of it. I remember the name of the book being similar to the original but with a slight difference. If anyone can help me figure out what this books title is I would be really grateful
canadianchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:36 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Try asking at BookSleuth

http://forums.abebooks.com/abesleuthcom
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You may be talking about "Was," by Geoff Ryman.

I'm going to move your thread to a Forum called Reading Recommendations, where you will find a bigger audience for possible commentary on this book.

I would also like to welcome you to MobileRead. Please feel free to browse through the sections. We also have thousands of free ebooks available. Please see my sig.

I just sent you a PM, as well.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
canadianchick

Hiya,

Thanks for the BookSleuth sugestion trying there too. Checked out WAS but that was published in 1992 and the book I am looking for was published before the 1985/86 school year.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #5
ReD
Enthusiast
ReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-700, PRS-300, PRS-T1, Kobo Arc
Was it "The Secret World of Og"? I remember reading that in grade 5.
ReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
canadianchick

had a wee look at that book and I think it might be it thanks very much for your help
Old 04-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
I have the Secret World of Og upstairs in my office but I honestly don't remember a wizard. Group of kids discover a world through a tunnel below their playhouse peopled by little green men that only say "Og"?

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:10 PM   #8
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Wanted to add the wiki link which summarizes all of the Oz books and the Oz "tribute" books fairly comprehensively. It may be that you remember one of the many many sequels or one of the other books listed there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Oz_books

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote