Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
lavina
lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Problem: Calibre automatically using "sort" fields on devices

I've got a Nook Simple Touch, and I use Calibre to manage my library.
The problem is, even if I set "{authors}/{title}{series}" as the destination path for example, Calibre sends it using title_sort and series_sort instead.
Maybe it's the Nook plug-in, maybe something else, I don't know, but it's annoying.

E.g.
{title}{series:| [|]}
The Twelve [The Passage] -> expected filename
Twelve, The [Passage, The] -> actual filename

Plugboards work fine though, metadata doesn't get switched up automatically, it's only the filename.

What could I do to prevent this? I don't care about the title, but I really don't want it to screw around with the series tag.

Last edited by lavina; 03-16-2013 at 12:59 PM.
lavina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
This tweak may be what you are looking for:
Preferences: Tweaks

ID: save_template_title_series_sorting
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
lavina
lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lavina , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Yes, this seems to be it, thanks a lot!
This tweak should at least be noted on the send-to-device settings page, it's kind of important IMO.
lavina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavina View Post
Yes, this seems to be it, thanks a lot!
This tweak should at least be noted on the send-to-device settings page, it's kind of important IMO.
Nah!
Card catalogs have done it the default way forever (There is a reason it is called 'Library Order' )

Telephone books have always been Ln, Fn
Lets see George (300 pages of them )

It is only computer searching that allows the other way to be usable.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Telephone books have always been Ln, Fn
Ssshhh. Don't tell the Icelanders that

But you're right, of course.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert