Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
maxsassy
maxsassy began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle
Help with usb cable

OK, I am a noob. I have my books on my computer I want to put on the kindle fire I just got today. I know you put them into the document folder on the computer from my pc. I don't have the usb cable I need and need to know what to ask for. Yes I am a girl and 63 years old so don't laugh too hard. Have about 300 or more books just waiting to be transferred but need to go buy the cable.

Help Please
maxsassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
Xeddicus
Xeddicus began at the beginning.

Device: none
You need a MICRO USB cable (not a mini, mini is bigger). Something like this. Any micro usb cable should work. They're cheap. If you have a recent cell phone or a Kindle or a digital camera of some kind you may have one already even. Lots of electronics use them now.
Xeddicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
maxsassy
maxsassy began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle
I do have a cell phone and it works. I will order that cable you sent me to so I don't have to use the cell phone cable. You are a life saver. Didn't really want to go out today. Thank you very much, greatly appreciated. Now to start transferring and reading.
maxsassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsassy View Post
...I know you put them into the document folder on the computer from my pc. ...
Where you put the files may depend on what kind of file it is. I haven't played around with it too much, but if you put a compatible ebook file (i.e. mobi) in the Books folder, it shows up under Books on the Fire. But if you have PDF files, no matter where you put them they show up under documents. At least that's my limited experience.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsassy View Post
OK, I am a noob. I have my books on my computer I want to put on the kindle fire I just got today. I know you put them into the document folder on the computer from my pc. I don't have the usb cable I need and need to know what to ask for. Yes I am a girl and 63 years old so don't laugh too hard. Have about 300 or more books just waiting to be transferred but need to go buy the cable.

Help Please

There is a relatively inexpensive App which allows you to manage files from your PC to your Kindle Fire over your wireless network. It's called Wi-Fi Explorer Pro. it costs 99 cents on the Amazon App Store. It's simple to use. Simply launch the App, open a web browser on you PC and enter the address the App tells you to enter into the browser (e.g. 192.168.1.47:8000). If you enter it correctly you will have wireless access to your Fire and will easily be able to transfer and manage files and folders.

An older version can be downloaded here for free so you can try it:

http://download.pandaapp.com/android....3-id4561.html
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #6
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
If you still want the micro USB, and have Amazon prime, this is what I would order:
http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-U.../dp/B003ES5ZSW
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote