Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Cool Any thoughts......

Being a mere Jonny-come-lately to the Forum (and ereading), I don't know if I've slowly noticed a seasonal/happenstance occurrence - or stumbled on a bid for total world dominance.........

The sources/freebies/offers section seems to be almost completely kindle lately - is this because they are flooding the market to drown out any other suppliers or sources, and put thier supply side in the same category as the "if it's a reader it must be a kindle" assumption in the wider world ?

Or does it just happen from time to time 'cos they sell so many books.

Nah, much more intriguing to imagine a Department of Black Arts, plotting away in some dark basement or garden shed hideaway............................
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
You might want to read this thread

Just because it's tag Kindle doesn't mean it just Kindle usually B&N, Kobo and other stores links are in the same thread or show up shortly.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
If the originator of the thread (or anyone else) notices that there are multiple formats available on a thread marked "kindle", they can ask any moderator to update the thread title (I try to do so), so it's easier to see if a deal pertains to you from just the forum titles.

On the other hand, I just read all the threads and check the different bookstores myself, if I see one I can't get in a format for my reader.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #4
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
How do we ask the moderator?
Who IS the moderator?
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
How do we ask the moderator?
Who IS the moderator?
I'm one. We are those whose member names are in green.

I usually check the Deals forum twice a day for new posts in a thread that mentions that a book is now available at another site, then I will update the title.

I rely on those new posts to a thread with additional information about availability, so I can update a thread title.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I'm one. We are those whose member names are in green.
Thanks, I've added you to my contacts list and figured out how to use it.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I don't know but I find it annoying to see an entire page with just Kindle freebies. I've never understood why the person posting all the threads can't put all the titles into one thread instead of a thread per title. It floods the page and bumps anything else down. Not a fan of that because any other freebie on any other format, as few as there may be, gets lost in the Kindle flood.

I'd appreciate it if it was kept to one thread. Mods? Thoughts? Anybody else bothered by that?
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #8
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I don't know but I find it annoying to see an entire page with just Kindle freebies. I've never understood why the person posting all the threads can't put all the titles into one thread instead of a thread per title. It floods the page and bumps anything else down. Not a fan of that because any other freebie on any other format, as few as there may be, gets lost in the Kindle flood.

I'd appreciate it if it was kept to one thread. Mods? Thoughts? Anybody else bothered by that?
I like it better this way, with the book title and format in the Title and each to it's own thread. It's no problem for me to page back to make sure I've seen everything posted "Today". Especially since I check several places and know I'm not interested or that I already have it by the book title.

For those books that start out in one format, and then come out in other formats, the changes would get lost unless they were continually copied to the end of the thread of the new format. Then you've got the same book listed several times, rather than once with edits.

Since this whole forum is for deals and freebies, I don't see a quick rotation as a bad thing.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #9
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I agree. If "one thread" were used, there would be two total: bargain books, free books. Then, you'd have to check each one to see what all was added (rather than skimming thru the titles and just opening up the one or two messages you were interested in). It's no hardship to open up page two if you don't check back twice a day.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #10
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
besides, each device thread (for ex. the kindle subforum here) already have their own sticky thread dedicated to freebies for a particular device/format
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #11
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
If it's not broken - don't fix it. It works this way and I always check both kindle and nook titles as long as it is something I want (since I have both readers).
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:58 AM   #12
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
I think the Kindle owners are just faster, keener or whatever and post their freebies more frequently. Today I found 5 free "Kindle" books that I was interested in and a quick check at Kobo had 3 of them free there as well.
If the other 2 don't show up as freebies within a day or two I'll either convert them to epubs for the Kobo or just read them on the Kindle app on the iPad.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:48 AM   #13
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
I like it better this way, with the book title and format in the Title and each to it's own thread. It's no problem for me to page back to make sure I've seen everything posted "Today". Especially since I check several places and know I'm not interested or that I already have it by the book title.

For those books that start out in one format, and then come out in other formats, the changes would get lost unless they were continually copied to the end of the thread of the new format. Then you've got the same book listed several times, rather than once with edits.

Since this whole forum is for deals and freebies, I don't see a quick rotation as a bad thing.
There is also the "Indie Freebee's" thread which does contain a lot of 'currently' free Kindle ebooks. You just have to find the newest postings to find what is still free (or was at the time of posting).
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote