Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
flipsake
flipsake began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Samsung Tab, ipod touch
Moving books between Libraries

Hi

I would like to know if there is a way to move books between multiple Libraries. I have a large amount of books, wome for work, some for Uni as well as a vast range of other books. I would like to seperate them into seperate Libraries, but would like to just move them into their new custom Library from my current library.

If this is possible I would like my current library to be just a gateway for adding and sorting any new books I get.

Is this just a pipe dream, or can it be done?
flipsake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Once you have your libraries created in Calibre, right clicking on a book will give the Copy to library option and from that you can select copy, or delete after copy
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
flipsake

Thanks PeterT, I'll try that out.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Its a great feature, I use it all the time, at present, while I'm sorting out my library.

I have one main library, one for stuff I don't really need at present, and one for items I'm working on.

Then its just a case of selecting and R'clicking to move books over to the correct place.
I find it better/safer to move, then switch library's to make sure, and check dups and then go back and delete the old copies.

Have a look in options for this, if you need it.
"Set this to True to ensure that tags in 'Tags to add when adding
a book' are added when copying books to another library"
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Before creating a bunch of libraries, you should check if you can do what you want with search restrictions (the box in the upper-left corner). Restrictions give you virtual sub-libraries within a library.

If you want different library custom column configurations, then restrictions are not the answer.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 03:42 AM   #6
flipsake

PeterT's suggestion was perfect for me. My library's just too large to use the virtual option. I'ves started to re-organise and already it's much more easier to manage than the one huge library.

PeterT