Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2016, 08:00 AM   #1651
Handsome2000
Member
Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.
 
Posts: 14
Karma: 14644
Join Date: Oct 2016
Device: Kobo aura one
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It most likely means there is something wrong with the code in the book.

But, exactly what is the format of the book? Is this an epub sent to the device using this driver? If so, I recommend running some sort of check on it to see if it is OK. The check in the calibre editor is probably enough, as is that in Sigil. Otherwise, try epubcheck.

Or is it already in kepub format before sending? If so, what is the source of the book? A conversion or has it come from somewhere else?
Thank you very much for your reply.
The origin of the file is epub file. I convert this epub file to kepub with calibre using extended driver and send to the device. But still have this problem. Can you give me more info about checking this file? What should I focus on when checking? Also I have no problem with the original epub file reading on my device.. thank you.

Last edited by Handsome2000; 11-26-2016 at 08:04 AM.
Handsome2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:14 AM   #1652
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 10,635
Karma: 15894549
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome2000 View Post
Thank you very much for your reply.
The origin of the file is epub file. I convert this epub file to kepub with calibre using extended driver and send to the device. But still have this problem. Can you give me more info about checking this file? What should I focus on when checking? Also I have no problem with the original epub file reading on my device.. thank you.
When you do the check, you are looking for errors. Any error could be causing the problem. As to running a check, as you are using calibre, the simplest thing you can do is open the epub in the calibre editor and run the "Check book" tool. If there are problems, they will be listed and you can use the editor to fix them.

As to what errors you are looking for, I don't really know. I usually clean my books and do so reformatting before sending them to the device. With that, I rarely see problems. This has to be either an error in the code of the book, or something very unusual that the kepub renderer cannot handle.

The only other thing I can think of is if it is a very large book with a very large ToC. That might be enough to trigger the firmware thinking that the renderer has hung and force a restart.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 10:00 AM   #1653
Handsome2000
Member
Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.
 
Posts: 14
Karma: 14644
Join Date: Oct 2016
Device: Kobo aura one
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
When you do the check, you are looking for errors. Any error could be causing the problem. As to running a check, as you are using calibre, the simplest thing you can do is open the epub in the calibre editor and run the "Check book" tool. If there are problems, they will be listed and you can use the editor to fix them.

As to what errors you are looking for, I don't really know. I usually clean my books and do so reformatting before sending them to the device. With that, I rarely see problems. This has to be either an error in the code of the book, or something very unusual that the kepub renderer cannot handle.

The only other thing I can think of is if it is a very large book with a very large ToC. That might be enough to trigger the firmware thinking that the renderer has hung and force a restart.
Thanks again, but I couldnt manage to check for errors. But I saw that the epub file is 1.28Mb, kepub file is 720kb. Do you think it is normal?
Handsome2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 03:52 PM   #1654
Handsome2000
Member
Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.
 
Posts: 14
Karma: 14644
Join Date: Oct 2016
Device: Kobo aura one
Hello, I solved my problem by factory reset. Thank you anyways..
Handsome2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 11:38 PM   #1655
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 10,635
Karma: 15894549
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome2000 View Post
Thanks again, but I couldnt manage to check for errors.
Select the book in the calibre library and start the editor. Then on the tools menu, select "Check book".
Quote:
But I saw that the epub file is 1.28Mb, kepub file is 720kb. Do you think it is normal?
Normally, the kepub will be a bit bigger. But, there are enough factors in it what's going on that it might not be the case. The cover is probably the biggest reason for a file size difference.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kobo Device Driver Update davidfor Devices 272 09-04-2016 04:10 AM
[Device Plugin] Kindle 2, 3, 4, Touch Device Interface MBP Update Mod cryzed Plugins 7 10-28-2012 05:58 PM
[Device Interface Plugin] Update for Nook Color Driver jmricker Plugins 0 10-22-2011 11:11 AM
Touch Kobo Touch Extended 2 Year Warranty - Is it worth the $34.99? EverC Kobo Reader 11 09-01-2011 12:47 AM
Touch Kobo Touch Extended Warranty Program SensualPoet Kobo Reader 1 07-17-2011 05:08 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.