Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What mobile devices do you own that you are currently using for reading ebooks?
Sony Reader (either 500 or 505) 38 53.52%
Amazon Kindle 10 14.08%
iRex iLiad 7 9.86%
Bookeen Cybook 15 21.13%
Jinke/Hanlin 2 2.82%
Ganaxa GeR2 0 0%
Soribook 0 0%
EBookwise-1150 6 8.45%
REB1100 1 1.41%
REB1200 1 1.41%
Franklin eBookMan 2 2.82%
Sony Librie 0 0%
Dr. Yi M218 0 0%
JetBook 0 0%
iPhone 1 1.41%
Palm or other cellphone or PDA 9 12.68%
Laptop or UMPC 6 8.45%
Other 5 7.04%
I don't own a mobile device for reading ebooks 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
What portable ebook reader do you own that you're currently using?

If you have more than one kind of device that you still use for reading ebooks, please choose those. If you have more than one of the same kind please post and indicate that.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I just discovered these really cool things! they are books made of paper! they are hefty and really let you know you're reading. Thye smell wonderfull! And the tactile experience is just out of this world!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Nice Doggie!

I see someone is in a poll-ish mood today.
Not to be confused with Polish mood.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I just discovered these really cool things! they are books made of paper! they are hefty and really let you know you're reading. Thye smell wonderfull! And the tactile experience is just out of this world!
But where do you plug in the charger?
Old 06-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
yeah, but you can't read them in the dark, is the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Nice Doggie!

I see someone is in a poll-ish mood today.
Not to be confused with Polish mood.
what have you got against polish moods ??? (says the girl with the Z in her name)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
But where do you plug in the charger?
that's the REALLY cool thing! You don't have to recharge them! Apparently they come with a permanent battery! Is technology cool, or what?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
that's the REALLY cool thing! You don't have to recharge them! Apparently they come with a permanent battery! Is technology cool, or what?
amazing !!!
Old 06-20-2008, 12:04 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
what have you got against polish moods ??? (says the girl with the Z in her name)
Nothing against them at all. In fact, I love them cooked in beer, then served on a kaiser bun with onions, sauerkraut, and brown mustard.

(What's for lunch? I'm starving!)
Old 06-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:

And here I am, schlepping around with this reader everywhere I go. I feel like a putz. And I'm not sure when I began channeling a TV stereotype old Jewish man.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Nothing against them at all. In fact, I love them cooked in beer, then served on a kaiser bun with onions, sauerkraut, and brown mustard.

remind me not to accept, if you ever invite me over for a meal.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:15 PM   #11
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I'll be there in a jif! Then over to Alexander's. It's gonna be a great night!
Old 06-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #12
DixieGal
Hi There!

@ZP - It's better to be there during the meal than afterward.

@VR - You're welcome anytime!
Old 06-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #13
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
[COLOR="Magenta"]@ZP - It's better to be there during the meal than afterward.
Was that somehow directed at me? Oops, I feel...... In-coming! Uh, sorry about that.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:41 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

dogs are so vulgar.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #15
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
remind me not to accept, if you ever invite me over for a meal.
ZP, it's not too bad if you leave off the book, onions, sauerkraut, and brown mustard!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote