Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #46
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
errm, could you upload the resulting .azw2 file?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #47
liuto
Connoisseur
liuto is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DXG / Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
errm, could you upload the resulting .azw2 file?
Yes, here is itMyWorld.zip.
liuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #48
liuto
Connoisseur

Here is my src
Attached Files
File Type: zip MyWorld.zip (3.6 KB, 288 views)
File Type: zip test.zip (3.2 KB, 283 views)
Old 09-08-2011, 03:36 PM   #49
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ah, well, the MyWorld.class ended up in the root directory again. Whereas in the Manifest, it is declared to be "Hello.MyWorld", so the kindle would search for "Hello/MyWorld.class". I'm just guessing here, but you might just have issued "jar cvfm [...] Hello/MyWorld.class", but it should have been "jar cvfm [...] Hello".

You can check the contents of the .azw2 with a ZIP reader to make sure that the layout within matches the data in the Manifest.
Edit: or just use the jar tool's "t" command...
Old 09-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #50
liuto
Connoisseur

Quote:
ah, well, the MyWorld.class ended up in the root directory again. Whereas in the Manifest, it is declared to be "Hello.MyWorld", so the kindle would search for "Hello/MyWorld.class". I'm just guessing here, but you might just have issued "jar cvfm [...] Hello/MyWorld.class", but it should have been "jar cvfm [...] Hello".

You can check the contents of the .azw2 with a ZIP reader to make sure that the layout within matches the data in the Manifest.
Edit: or just use the jar tool's "t" command...
OK, I just did the exactly same as you said, but the same issue. here attached is my project structure. could you test it on your Kindle if possible?

Thank you very much.

Liuto
Attached Files
File Type: zip test_fin.zip (437.3 KB, 327 views)
Old 09-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #51
hawhill
Wizard

Sorry, I'd love to, but I managed to break some permission files on my K3 and won't get to fix them before weekend (which starts in about 20 hours here:-)).
Edit: That means I'll do it if noone beats me to it before!
Old 09-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #52
liuto
Connoisseur

Quote:
Sorry, I'd love to, but I managed to break some permission files on my K3 and won't get to fix them before weekend (which starts in about 20 hours here:-)).
Edit: That means I'll do it if noone beats me to it before!
Sorry for bothering you... :-)

And Thank you for your kindly help.
Liuto
Old 09-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #53
liuto
Connoisseur

OK!!!

Finally, by comparing the project configurations with others, I found that we have to compile the source code with '-target 1.4 -source 1.4' options if JDK version is 1.6.x

That will work!

Thanks all.
Liuto
Old 09-09-2011, 05:45 AM   #54
hawhill
Wizard

Hi, great that the problem is solved! And good to make this point in this thread.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #55
liuto
Connoisseur

just test

Last edited by liuto; 09-14-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #56
synchrone
synchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Amazon Kindle 3G
Have anyone managed to bypass the "This title is not authorized to use the current network connection in this location. Please try connecting to a Wi-Fi network" exception ?

I played around /opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy, but it won't allow me to connect via 3G anyway.

Any ideas ?
synchrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #57
liuto
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchrone View Post
Have anyone managed to bypass the "This title is not authorized to use the current network connection in this location. Please try connecting to a Wi-Fi network" exception ?

I played around /opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy, but it won't allow me to connect via 3G anyway.

Any ideas ?
have you put this line in your manifest file?

Network-Access-Grants: sponsored
Old 11-11-2011, 02:47 AM   #58
synchrone
synchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheesesynchrone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Amazon Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by liuto View Post
have you put this line in your manifest file?

Network-Access-Grants: sponsored
I did, but no effect
synchrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #59
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by apetresc View Post
Hey guys; I'm the author of KindleGoban, KindleChess, and Kindle Widget Toolkit (KWT). Let me know if you guys have any questions about building or running any of those. I've only had experience going through the KDK, not the jailbreak, but I'll do my best if problems come up with anything I did.

Cheers!
-Adrian
Hello Adrian!

Any chance to port KindleChess to Touch?

Regards.
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #60
digory
Enthusiast
digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle touch
Hi there. I'm trying to get the HelloWorld to work. So far I've copied the jars and have the following directory structure:

- lib/ - lotsa jars, including Kindlet-2.1.jar
- sdk/
---- lib/ - more jars
- HelloWorld/
---- Main.java
---- Main.manifest

Now if I do:

cd HelloWorld
javac -classpath ../lib/Kindlet-2.1.jar Main.java

I get:

Main.java:5: cannot find symbol
symbol : class KTextArea
import com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.ui.KTextArea;
-----------------------------------------^
Main.java:17: cannot find symbol
symbol : class KTextArea
ctx.getRootContainer().add(new KTextArea("Hello World!"));
---------------------------------------^
I tried including ../lib/kafui.jar in the classpath also (because it has ui in the name), and others:

javac -classpath ../lib/Kindlet-2.1.jar:../lib/kafui.jar:../lib/utilities.jar:../KindletImplementation.jar Main.java

but to no avail. Apparently the class KTextArea is gone in 2.1???

EDIT: Added dashes--- because this editor does not preserve the formatting.

Last edited by digory; 07-01-2012 at 03:41 PM.
digory is offline   Reply With Quote