Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Does Amazon CS have a phone number?

I am having a billing problem with Amazon. I have read so often here that Amazon's Customer Service is terrific, but I can't find a phone number at their site.

Does anyone know how I can speak to someone?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I am having a billing problem with Amazon. I have read so often here that Amazon's Customer Service is terrific, but I can't find a phone number at their site.

Does anyone know how I can speak to someone?
On the "Your Account" page, scroll to the bottom of the page, click on "Help". On the Help page, click on the yellow "Contact" button. After you sign in, (or click on the "skip sign-in") you get to a page where you can ask to be called.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
sign in to your account at the amazon page, then at the bottom of the page there is a "Let us help You" section, choose "help" fill out the few questions they have and then you can choose to call them or have them call you. I've done this 3 or 4 times and the call has always come in less than a minute
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
MichelRenaud
Connoisseur
MichelRenaud began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I've done this 3 or 4 times and the call has always come in less than a minute
Yeah that's almost scary. I had some questions before I bought my DXG and the e-mail answer I had received did not really answer, so when I left feedback saying that the answer wasn't completely to my satisfaction, there was an option to have them call me. I clicked "Call me now" (something like that), and I barely had my finger off the left mouse button that my phone was ringing. Within 20 seconds I was describing my "problem" to the dispatcher and less than a minute later I was talking to someone from Kindle support. Impressive.
MichelRenaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Kindle support's numbers are 1-866-321-8851 or 1-206-266-0927 if you're calling from outside the U.S.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks guys! The Amazon rep said that she would pass the matter to the billing dept., and that they would resolve it within 24 hours.

Karma to all of you!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
we like to take care of our own! ;o)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:25 AM   #8
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Kindle support's numbers are 1-866-321-8851 or 1-206-266-0927 if you're calling from outside the U.S.
Just thought I'd point out that those numbers are for the US Kindle Support team. I know that's appropriate for the OP who is in the US, but for the benefit of any UK reader who wanders through this thread at a later point, UK Kindle Support has its own UK phone numbers:

0800 496 2449 or +44 203 356 6212

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...deId=200594390

Last edited by DMSmillie; 03-06-2011 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Added URL for Amazon UK "Contact Kindle Support" page
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote