Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
shaf
shaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch defective after 3 months and Kobo Customer Support useless

After being a happy Kobo Touch user for 3 months my Kobo Touch Locked up and was constantly restarting. I emailed and called Kobo Support and got little help except asking for a proof of purchase.

Knowing that this happened during the busiest retail period of the year but I still expect at least an answer to my questions.

Currently the Kobo Touch is completely unusable and cannot even be powered on, what are the service and exchange policies on the KT.

For reference in case and Kobo Personell is looking my incident #111126-000424.

I was considering buying a Kobo Vox but am having serious reservations about the quality Kobo devices.
shaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The place to post this with your incident number is getsatisfaction.com/kobo. That is an official Kobo support site staffed by Tier 2 Kobo personnel.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Also, please send me your ticket number to: shasan at kobo dot com. I will see if I can find out what's happening.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
shaf
shaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hello,

Just to close the Thread, I was able to get a replacement KT. The store even gave me a $20.00 Credit.
shaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Great to hear!
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
ghiavert
ghiavert began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Good you could count on the store for help. Kobo customer service is useless and with such bad product quality, you'd hope for better support. Kobo was a good idea for an alternative to the big players, but they simply cannot deliver. Very disappointing.
ghiavert is offline   Reply With Quote