Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-12-2015, 04:55 PM   #1
Joop
Joop began at the beginning.

Device: iliad sec. ed.
Invalid Zip file??

I'm using Calibre for years now, without any problems, but recently I get massages like: "error3 while decompressing: invalid distance"too far back", or Ïnvalid Zipfile, local header is damaged".

As far as I know the e-books in epub format are not compressed.

If I use a simple e-reader like FD reader, the books in epub format are OK.

But I like to read my books on my Kindle DX and not on my PC or on my tablet.

What can I do to overcome this problem?
Joop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:58 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Joop - epub files are rebadged zip files that contain a specific mimetype. To do anything with them they must first be unzipped.

What operation are you performing when you get the errors.

Could you please post the full error message text. Also post which edition and version of calibre you are using, and on what operating system and version.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert