Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-31-2014, 12:09 PM   #29056
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Ricard and water; when in France...
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:53 PM   #29057
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First tea on a nice, warm afternoon.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2014, 08:21 PM   #29058
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
A time to be reaping
A time to be sowing
The green leaves of summer
Are calling me home

'Twas so good to be young then
In the season of plenty
When the catfish were jumping
As high as the sky

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GkL_GiVjWk )

Good morning, everyone! Happy August! We've made it! And it's another 'Personal Best' in my 'staying alive' contest. Wow! Thanks, God! Today I have Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea in my cup. I had forgotten about this stuff for a while, it being trapped behind some others on the shelf. Shame, too, as it's really a pretty decent tea! Looks to be a pretty nice day, with some easy chores. I want to buy a one-burner table-top gas cooking hob, and found an ex-pat who is leaving town and selling one for about $5. I don't need anything fancy; I'm only going to be using this for roasting corn on the cob. My regular kitchen hobs are all 'Induction Cook-tops' and you can't roast on those.

One more cup of tea, then down to visit the Food Lady!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:24 PM   #29059
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I need an Ardbeg slushie. It's HOT.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:11 AM   #29060
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
And it continues to be HOT here too. About 80F (27C) after midnight, now, and to be 106F (41C) tomorrow. I really don't mind the daytime heat, if we get a cool down at night, but this constant heat just wears me out.

Cold tea in my cup and munching on some English cucumbers.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2014, 08:50 AM   #29061
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mango lassi

Stitchawl
Old 08-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #29062
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Morning Sumatra coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:09 PM   #29063
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Mango lassi

Stitchawl
Ok. I give up! What are they?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #29064
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
It's apparently a single drink, not a "they". It's yoghurt, mangled mango, and perhaps honey. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...si-recipe.html
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #29065
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Finally sitting down to a mug of tea!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #29066
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Mango lassi
Stitchawl
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Ok. I give up! What are they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
It's apparently a single drink, not a "they". It's yoghurt, mangled mango, and perhaps honey. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...si-recipe.html
Wut she said! Next time you are in an Indian restaurant, order one. A very refreshing drink! It can be made with many other fruits as well if you don't care for mangoes. Works very well with bananas! It shouldn't be too thick... About the consistency of a milkshake. Lots of ice, too!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 08-01-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:01 PM   #29067
Stitchawl
Opsimath

They're rioting in Africa
They're starving in Spain
There's hurricanes in Florida and Texas needs rain

The whole world is festering with unhappy souls
The French hate the Germans
The Germans hate the Poles

Italians hate Yugoslavs
South Africans hate the Dutch
And I don't like anybody very much

But we can be tranquil and thankful
And proud for man's been endowed
With a mushroom shaped cloud

And we know for certain that
Some lovely day someone will set the spark off
And we will all be blown away

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp6dsKleGpU )

Good morning, everyone! With the Kingston Trio setting the tone this morning, and the faux news of a pod of Killer Whales eating a group of Japanese fisherman, we greet this Saturday with arms akimbo and a wry smile on the lips. Just another day in Paradise! I decided to drink Ahmad's 'English Breakfast' tea again this morning, thinking it a perfect accompaniment to French Toast, and I was correct! It worked well. So well, in fact, I'm having a third cup right now. Then it's time to pack (lightly) for the fencing salle and a day of drudge... scut work... boring, repetitive movements... yech! I have a feeling that I'll probably volunteer to referee most of the bouting today. (A wonderful excuse not to practice footwork.) We usually take turns but if I can't fight, and I'll want to watch the competition, at least I can free up some of the others so they can rest between bouts.

Stitchawl
Old 08-01-2014, 11:13 PM   #29068
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Wut she said! Next time you are in an Indian restaurant, order one. A very refreshing drink! It can be made with many other fruits as well if you don't care for mangoes. Works very well with bananas! It shouldn't be too thick... About the consistency of a milkshake. Lots of ice, too!

Stitchawl
Loathe bananas! But am quite fond of mangoes!

Glad to see you are taking it a bit easy! Manage those muscles!
Old 08-02-2014, 05:20 AM   #29069
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Glad to see you are taking it a bit easy! Manage those muscles!
Didn't manage much... I practiced footwork and mobility drills for two hours, then ref'ed the epee bouts for another two hours. I'm seriously thinking of starting to fence right handed until my left arm heals up. That drill stuff can turn my brains into tofu.... Referee-ing isn't much better!

Home now with an afternoon mug of PG Tips tea!

Stitchawl
Old 08-02-2014, 07:31 AM   #29070
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Sounds like you need some liberal amounts of that blue stuff you consume

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?