Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-19-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Friday's Question of the Day 19 Sep 08

So, when did Lemurs overtake squirrels?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #2
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
They did? Damn, but I hate when they do that!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Those sneaky, steenking lemurs - plotting their way towards world domination.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #4
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
No! You fell for it. The Lemurs are the squirrels in disguise. Lemurs have never existed. They're just scapegoats and fall guys for the squirrels. It's all part of their master plan. We must concentrate on eliminating the threat posed by the squirrels. We must deploy the chocolate peanuts.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Once I had a problem when squirrels got into the attic and I could hear them running and chewing on everything. When they were displaced by the lemurs it was worse. Now the llamas have chased the lemurs out. Believe me, it is no fun sleeping late on a Saturday morning only to be awakened by a troop (herd, pride, pack, clutch, gang, whatever) of llamas thundering overhead.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2008, 11:02 AM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I had a worse problem with wasps.

I was living in San Antonio in a town house when I noticed a wasp ball had formed on the eave outside the bedroom window. So, being a city boy, I did what I thought was a reasonable thing and propped a ladder against the house, climbed up and smacked the wasp ball with a broom. Well, instead or demurely leaving, the damn wasps came after me and they were not happy. I ran to the door swatting and swinging at the buggers and got my share of bites.

My neighbor was watching this whole thing and almost wet his pants laughing.

Anyway, the wasps did leave since I had pretty well creamed their housing accomodation. But the following spring, the damn thing reappeared.

Well, I may be a city boy but I'm not a total dope. This time I went to the hardware store and bought a can of wasp spray. I went upstairs to the bedroom window, opened it and took a couple of practice squirts. Then I aimed at the newly formed wasp ball but, before I squeezed the trigger, I lowered the window to my wrist so as to minimize the open area the wasps would have to fly through were they to come at me.

And I nailed the ball on the first squirt! Sure enough, they came out of the nest straight for me. I tried to jerk my hand back inside back inside but realized in horror that I'd lowered the window too far to get both my hand and the can back in. So, is desperation I heaved the can away, pulled my hand in and slammed the window. And watched in smug satisfaction as the wasps took off to build a nest elsewhere.

Then I loped downstairs and out on the front terrace to collect the can of spray. And as I leaned down to get it, I was startled to see a snake right next to it! Being a city boy, I had no idea whether the thing was poisonous or not so I had to assume it was and ran back inside to get something to kill it with.

The first thing that fell to hand was the shovel from the andiron set. I grabbed that and ran back out the front door to meet my fate. I got to the snake and smacked it a good one and another and another. But then I realized something was wrong...I was beating a dead snake! And you know what killed it...the can of wasp spray. I mean, here's this poor snake crawling along, minding its own business, thinking about girl snakes when this Cassidy-launched can nails him.

I yelled over to my neighbor, who was laughing himself silly over all this, if he could identify a snake.

"What's its head shaped like"?, he asked

"Um, it's shaped like a shovel now", I answered

"Well", he giggled, "just go ahead and bury the damn thing"

Fortunately, I am back living in a city with no wasps in evidence.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote