Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-06-2008, 05:17 AM   #1
Martijn
Connoisseur
Martijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad
iRex iLiad Firmware 2.12 released

It seems that the 2.12 firmware is out.

I just received this mail:
Quote:
Dear iLiad User,

Herewith we would like to inform you that a new software release is available to download from the iRex Delivery Service (iDS).

What’s new in the software release 2.12

This software release 2.12 is part of an ongoing process to extend the functionalities of the iLiad and to improve the overall performance to ensure an even better electronic reading experience for our customers. We recommend that all users upgrade to this latest version.

Support Tables in Mobipocket Documents

* Converted Mobipocket documents with tables can now rendered correctly. However, there is currently no solution to navigate a table that is wider than the screen.

Support Mobipocket folder on MMC, CF and USB

* It is now possible to create a ‘books\Mobipocket folder on MMC, CF, or USB memory. This will work the same as the Mobipocket folder located in the internal memory. Dictionaries will work from any of these locations.

Do not automatically connect to open WiFi Network

* A wireless connection preferences option has been added to the settings menu.
* An automatic connection can now be disabled in the iLiad settings menu. This will stop the device from automatically using any unsecured WiFi networks to connect to iDS.

Bug Fixes

* CDMA dialup profile: The CDMA dialup profile can now support an empty username and/or password.
* Disallow USB connection when not in Content Lister: To prevent problems with sporadic disk corruption, the USB connection now only works when the system is in the Content Lister view.
* MMC contents not visible after USB connection
* Several small stability improvements
Martijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:33 AM   #2
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
Does anyone know if upgrading to this is going to cause problems with the various community versions of ipdf? The current versions are compiled for 2.11 and the install process checks the firmware version. I would be reluctant to upgrade if it meant that I could not longer use these various useful versions.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2008, 08:03 AM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
None of the fixed bugs really effected me, but it's always good to see a new release.

Note: for those with shell access, you can change your font in Mobipocket from Sans-Serif to Serif. I like (the default) sans better, but it's nice to have options. Even if they are hidden.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:09 AM   #4
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller
The GreatGonzo is on a distinguished road

Device: Iliad & Kindle - The Best of Both Worlds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Note: for those with shell access, you can change your font in Mobipocket from Sans-Serif to Serif.
Ooooh.... where? How? Tell me tell me tell me! Please?
The GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:25 AM   #5
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

You'll need to edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by /home/intent/mobi.properties

baseclass_res_reader=com.irex.mobipocket.reader.Lo calMessage
reader_default_font=Serif
Advert
Old 02-06-2008, 08:26 AM   #6
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
Hmm it seems that file associations are gone for FBreader.
And the ipdf is back to old Irex one and lost thus the zoom.
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:37 AM   #7
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by /home/intent/mobi.properties
Is there a way to set a XLFD [X Logical Font Description]?
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:41 AM   #8
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGodefroi View Post
Hmm it seems that file associations are gone for FBreader.
And the ipdf is back to old Irex one and lost thus the zoom.
You'll need to request shell access again and re-install all 3rd party apps.

For those with installers that are setup for 2.11, you'll need to change the firmware version in the installation script.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #9
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller

Quote:
You'll need to edit:
Thank you ... and when you say "edit," the preferred application to do that with on the Iliad would be ... ?
Old 02-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #10
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

I use vi in a ssh session.

You may be best to copy it to a memory card (or accessable internal memory), edit on your computer, then copy it back. You can use cp and mrxvt, or emelfm2.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:05 AM   #11
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller

Thanks again ... will give it a shot as soon as I'm done with my morning itinerary ... shopping, cooking, playing Legos with the kid ...
Old 02-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #12
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
I use vi in a ssh session.

You may be best to copy it to a memory card (or accessable internal memory), edit on your computer, then copy it back. You can use cp and mrxvt, or emelfm2.
You people are muttering incantations again! Are you sure you're not playing Zork?

Once the new Irex community website is up and running we shall have to get all this alchemical mumbling translated into English for the Iliad users who didn't go to Wizard's School...
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:31 AM   #13
watcha
Not so junior!
watcha began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
Carandol, I really laughed..you're so spot on. I mean what I wanted from an upgrade is the ability to have all buttons/switches disabled except for the flip bar. I don't know how to express that in algebra/latin/physics equations etc.
This upgrade has not pushed any of my buttons!!
watcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:44 AM   #14
veggiemouse
veggiemouse began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
download problem

I pushed the connect to IDS button over 3 hours ago and my Iliad is simply stuck on the device manager screen. It shows that I am still connected, but nothing has happened. What should I do now?

Thanks!
veggiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #15
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemouse View Post
I pushed the connect to IDS button over 3 hours ago and my Iliad is simply stuck on the device manager screen. It shows that I am still connected, but nothing has happened. What should I do now?

Thanks!
Reset, turn back on and try again.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote