Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Mobipocket file (no DRM) not working on Iliad

I just encountered a rather strange problem. I converted a bunch of PDF filees to mobipocket using the 6.1 version of the reader and everything worked fine. I could open all the files in the Desktop reader and they displayed fine.
On the Iliad one of the files did not work, gave me a big cross and error message and told me to tap OK or press UP button. I did that and was back in contentlister.
Fine...I deleted the file, reimported it (via SD Card) into the Iliad and tried to open it...nada...still does not work.
The files are all about the same size.
Any ideas?
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Any weird characters in the filename?
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2007, 08:14 AM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
None at all...

UPDATE:

Now, for some inexplicable reason, it works. I redid the procedure several times, always the same result. Then I went to the folder where mobipocke tactually stores the files on my computer, grabbed the file there and put it onto the SD card and it works. All the other files were transferred using the mobipocket "Send to..." function, and worked, just this one wanted a special treatment for some reason...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
sherryk_us
writer/reader
sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs 950, Sony prs 505 and REB 1200
I'm having the same problem with all the mobipocket files on my new iliad. I am starting to wonder if somehow mine didn't have the mobi function installed. I'll try putting them on the SD file and see if that helps. Thanks.
Sherry
sherryk_us is offline   Reply With Quote