Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #16
jarreboum
jarreboum began at the beginning.

Device: Hanvon E920
In the other thread we have the user Raice that do own one and made some tests already.
jarreboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #17
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarreboum View Post
In the other thread we have the user Raice that do own one and made some tests already.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=167587

This is the actual thread with hands-on experience of Ectaco Jetbook Color
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #18
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur
LovePlanetEarth began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 Black (Finally!!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=167587

This is the actual thread with hands-on experience of Ectaco Jetbook Color
Thanks Beryll! Read it!
Unfortunately, not as extensive discussion as about M92 or JBC or PB912... Plus, it's virtually impossible to buy it...
LovePlanetEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #19
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePlanetEarth View Post
Thanks Beryll! Read it!
Unfortunately, not as extensive discussion as about M92 or JBC or PB912... Plus, it's virtually impossible to buy it...
If the jetBook functionality would match the functionality of M92 100$ more is not a big price to pay for those who need a color ereader
My personal feeling is that JetBook is an year behind right now (probably it is a sort of M90)
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:34 AM   #20
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
If the jetBook functionality would match the functionality of M92 100$ more is not a big price to pay for those who need a color ereader
My personal feeling is that JetBook is an year behind right now (probably it is a sort of M90)
It does not seem to have any of the hardware problems(M90 had unsolvable hardware defects, so gave up software as well) and as far as software goes Ectaco have something up there sleeves in March.
The company is very responsive to questions/problems.
They seem to have more people working on the development of the software.
So you might have a (far) superior product very soon.
Advert
Old 02-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #21
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

From what was posted here I have the feeling that as crippled as it was M90 was then far more useful than Jetbook Color is now.
You must have guts to deliver a product with such poor functionality and ask for 500$. Seriously, why would you damage your reputation throwing on the market what could be the first color ereader but with wireless card disabled???
Old 02-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #22
Beryll Snyder
Banned

Quote:
From what was posted here I have the feeling that as crippled as it was M90 was then far more useful than Jetbook Color is now.
You must have guts to deliver a product with such poor functionality and ask for 500$. Seriously, why would you damage your reputation throwing on the market what could be the first color ereader but with wireless card disabled???
Well, the hardware seems to be ok. That is different from the M90, which had to be discarded because of faulty hardware.

All the companies in this market segment have guts - as well as the sellers and their desperate customers(before or after buy).
And I am as puzzled as you.
Wlan should be the smallest of concerns - and in this case it will probably work soon.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #23
PF4Mobile
Guru

Quote:
Well, the hardware seems to be ok. That is different from the M90, which had to be discarded because of faulty hardware.

All the companies in this market segment have guts - as well as the sellers and their desperate customers(before or after buy).
And I am as puzzled as you.
Wlan should be the smallest of concerns - and in this case it will probably work soon.
Since that is WindowsCE the functionality should have been there provided by the underlying OS not by Ectaco software. What I believe really happened is that Ectaco hid that or crippled that for some strange reasons. I can understand when you disable that in class but your purpose is not to feed students ADD but not to cut the ereader from communicating with a server where they can download class materials from.
On the oter side I don't really see why would you do that to the retail market....
Just because it is WindowsCE the browsers should be there and there you go you have a fully functional Internet stack (hardware, drivers, TCP/IP, browsers).
Old 02-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #24
Beryll Snyder
Banned

Quote:
Since that is WindowsCE the functionality should have been there provided by the underlying OS not by Ectaco software. What I believe really happened is that Ectaco hid that or crippled that for some strange reasons. I can understand when you disable that in class but your purpose is not to feed students ADD but not to cut the ereader from communicating with a server where they can download class materials from.
On the oter side I don't really see why would you do that to the retail market....
Just because it is WindowsCE the browsers should be there and there you go you have a fully functional Internet stack (hardware, drivers, TCP/IP, browsers).
They advertise some of the functtions, so they will be there.
As for browsing I think looking things up on google or the net in general will be part of the daily routine of students and these devices will be used at school as well as at home.
But who knows ...
Old 02-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #25
PF4Mobile
Guru

Quote:
They advertise some of the functtions, so they will be there.
Yeah that is a PERFECT business model
You advertise first. Charge for your promises and ...deliver later (if!?)
I would really like to sell products like that
In my opinion BBB should take care of this aspects.
But what do I care... I did not buy the product.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:41 AM   #26
Beryll Snyder
Banned

Quote:
Yeah that is a PERFECT business model
You advertise first. Charge for your promises and ...deliver later (if!?)
I would really like to sell products like that
In my opinion BBB should take care of this aspects.
But what do I care... I did not buy the product.
This model is operated by PB and Onyx as well - didn't hurt them - I bought their products ...
Old 02-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #27
PF4Mobile
Guru

Quote:
This model is operated by PB and Onyx as well - didn't hurt them - I bought their products ...
Really? Let's take M92 because that one is not completely unknown to me: what features did they advertise and they were not there at all?