Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-13-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
pcinfoman
Enthusiast
pcinfoman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-500
Edit a LRF file.

I got an LRF file that I really like. However, the person who created it, did not do it in such a way that the title of the book or the author show up properly.

Is there a piece of software I can use to edit the LRF file? I tried BookDesigner, but it only creates files. It will not open one.

Ideas?
pcinfoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Couldn't you ask the person who created the file to correct the problem? That would probably be the easiest solution.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
pcinfoman
Enthusiast

I would, but I do not know who that is. I would much rather learn how to do this myself. Do you have an answer to my question?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I believe that the "libprs500" tool can be used to edit the metadata of an LRF file. I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the lrf-meta command (part of libprs500)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
It is also possible to open the book in the connect software, click on the beginning of the text, and highlight and copy it, then paste the thing into BD.
Most of the formatting will be preserved (though probably not italics).
Be warned that this takes ages - pressing the downward arrow on the right of your keyboard will speed things up slightly. But pressing the 'page down' or 'end' buttons just doesn't seem to work.
I discovered this trick when I contrived to lose a BD file, but luckily had a copy on the reader, which I was using to check a work in progress.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #7
pcinfoman
Enthusiast

That is absolutely worth checking out. Thank you.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:14 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But this trick will not work with DRM encoded books.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:45 PM   #9
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Although you will lose all text formatting and graphics, you could use the free ABC Amber Sony Converter to extract the text from the LRF file.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
True, RWood, but I think that the method that Patricia suggests would likely yield a better result for not much more trouble.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote