Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #1261
Gisu29
Groupie
Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MacAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
Have you done this successfully? It's so tempting ...
I used two different Kobo accounts and paid with Paypal. Worked without a problem.
Gisu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #1262
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
30% off with: win_g7om1n1
Expires on September 27th 11:59 PM. One promo code per customer.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #1263
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Missed it Again !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
30% off with: win_g7om1n1
Expires on September 27th 11:59 PM. One promo code per customer.
Thanks for that, I might use that as a consolation prize.

Having missed out last week on the Kobo's GB 50% off code because I was away from home for a few days, I now found out that Angry Robot had a 2 for 1 deal on Wednesday this week, one day only.

Their newsletter didn't arrive until mid afternoon, and I was busy driving someone back and forth to hospital !!!

nuts....
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #1264
odklizec
odklizec began at the beginning.

Hi folks,

Am I alone who is unable to use the Kobo discount/promo codes? Last time I bought an ebook from Kobo (early in August), it worked flawlessly. But now I cannot find a place where to enter the promo codes? All I see is "REDEEM ANY GIFT CARDS" section with the "Gift Card" and "eGift Card" opitons. But no Promo section at all? I really don't understand why it does not work, but it definitely worked in August?

Kobo support suggested to use different web browser, but I already tried all major desktop browsers (and even some browsers on my iPhone 4s) with the same result. Missing Promo section in all of them. Anyone here with similar problem? Thanks!
odklizec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #1265
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Did you try a different book? Perhaps that one doesn't permit coupons...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #1266
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by odklizec View Post
Hi folks,

Am I alone who is unable to use the Kobo discount/promo codes? Last time I bought an ebook from Kobo (early in August), it worked flawlessly. But now I cannot find a place where to enter the promo codes? All I see is "REDEEM ANY GIFT CARDS" section with the "Gift Card" and "eGift Card" opitons. But no Promo section at all? I really don't understand why it does not work, but it definitely worked in August?

Kobo support suggested to use different web browser, but I already tried all major desktop browsers (and even some browsers on my iPhone 4s) with the same result. Missing Promo section in all of them. Anyone here with similar problem? Thanks!
I noticed this yesterday, I think this may be their new way of not allowing codes on agency books by simply not showing the 'discount' box.

On different topic, I'm very tempted to set up a separate Kobo account for purchases for my Mom's Kobo. But I set up my original account so long ago on an old computer and I don't even have the Kobo desktop on my new computer anymore. So I have 2 questions, do I need the Kobo app on my computer, and how is having 2 different accounts going to work with ADE???
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #1267
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I noticed this yesterday, I think this may be their new way of not allowing codes on agency books by simply not showing the 'discount' box.
Yes, that's it.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #1268
Gisu29
Groupie
Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gisu29 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MacAir
Quote:

On different topic, I'm very tempted to set up a separate Kobo account for purchases for my Mom's Kobo. But I set up my original account so long ago on an old computer and I don't even have the Kobo desktop on my new computer anymore. So I have 2 questions, do I need the Kobo app on my computer, and how is having 2 different accounts going to work with ADE???
You can download Stanza or any other app that works with the ebook format on Kobo (check because not all of them work) and you can use multiple Kobo accounts with a single Paypal account.
Gisu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #1269
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ADE doesn't care which account purchased a book - it registers to your account when the first download occurs. You don't need Stanza or the Kobo app (unless you want a Kobo only book or access to their in-app socialization/sharing features).
Old 09-23-2012, 01:00 AM   #1270
odklizec
odklizec began at the beginning.

Thanks for your answers guys! It seems you are right about not allowed discount for certain books! I did not know that! It was just a luck that all my previous purchases allowed discount and the two books I tried to buy now not Problem solved!
odklizec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #1271
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Today only

Just got email, not sure how it works because when I click the link the price shows $9.99:blink
Pick up The Passage
for $4.99 — today only!
Dive into this bestselling thriller by Justin Cronin and get ready for the sequel coming this fall.

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-P...passageofferCA
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #1272
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Just got email, not sure how it works because when I click the link the price shows $9.99:blink
Pick up The Passage
for $4.99 — today only!
Dive into this bestselling thriller by Justin Cronin and get ready for the sequel coming this fall.

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-P...passageofferCA
Select countries only, it appears; not US ($7.99) or UK (£4.99).
Old 09-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #1273
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Free book... first out of series.
Moon Dance (Vampire for Hire #1)
By: J.R. Rain

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/fb/bo...1uw/page1.html
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #1274
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
interesting. after several weeks of getting no prices in the Kobo store, I went to download that and it came up 12.99
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #1275
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Select countries only, it appears; not US ($7.99) or UK (£4.99).
But I also got the email, "CA" is part of the URL, and it's also $9.99 for me.

I think I'm just going to buy it and send in an email asking for a credit from Kobo Customer Service, I've always had good results with them in the past.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals