Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #76
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
To save effort.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=135011&page=2

read here onwards. Cheers.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #77
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 4
thanks guys!
hippy dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #78
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Baf has made a port of SkipStone which can download any file type.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #79
Degru
Degru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 4 (reported as Lost or Stolen; unregistered)
Kindle 4 version?

Could you please make a Kindle 4 version of this hack? I'd assume it's as easy as repackaging it for the Kindle 4, since there's nothing really changed, other than lack of keyboard. This sounds like a great tool, if only it worked with my Kindle 4.

Degru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #80
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degru View Post
Since there's nothing really changed, other than lack of keyboard.
Nothing other than the firmware, the display system, the browser, the hardware ...

Ah, well, the device still has Amazon's name on it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #81
Degru
Degru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheeseDegru can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 4 (reported as Lost or Stolen; unregistered)
It's still Linux-based...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Nothing other than the firmware, the display system, the browser, the hardware ...

Ah, well, the device still has Amazon's name on it.
It's still based on Linux, though, and the browser itself seems unchanged, so I'm not sure I see the problem.
Degru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #82
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degru View Post
It's still based on Linux, though, and the browser itself seems unchanged, so I'm not sure I see the problem.
Have you compared the browser log file formats and content yet?
That would be one good place to look for potential problems.

What you quote has no bearing on non-visible changes and the hack depends on things you don't normally see.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #83
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
This hack no longer works on K3 v3.4.

Amazon!
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #84
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoit View Post
This hack no longer works on K3 v3.4.

Amazon!
So yea, can anyone with K3 firmware < 3.4 confirm this tweak works for them please? On 3.4 it does not.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:47 PM   #85
JSam
JSam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Does this hack work on Kindle Touch 5.3.7?
JSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:04 AM   #86
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Check the date of the first post, and the last few messages, that should give you a pretty good hint...

(Spoiler: no).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:41 PM   #87
auer
auer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I have a Kindle 3 keyboard (wifi). I had this hack, I rested to factory defaults due the new version patch. Since then every time I open the browser this hack try to download something (even on google search page). I couldn't uninstall it with the 04 files. Has anybody idea about this?

thanks
auer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:41 AM   #88
son5
son5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I would need an updated "update_freedownload_0.4_k3w_uninstall.bin" file, because I can not uninstall freedownload on Kindle fw 3.4.2, jailbreak 0.13N. The "Update your Kindle" option is grayed out. I have installed freedownload on an older firmware/jailbreak, and now can not uninstall it. I have tried a factory reset, which deleted everything from the Kindle, but if I run myterm and list the running processes, I still can see a lot of "freedownload" processes running. Thanks
son5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:17 PM   #89
unilock
certified catgirl
unilock began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2 (2016) (G000K9 - KT3)
hey folks, I've managed to get this installed and working on my k3g (v3.4.3).
basically, what you need to do is as follows:

1. extract the source to the kindle
2. `mntroot rw` (through the usbnetwork hack or whatever)
3. `install.sh` from the source
4. `touch /var/local/log/browser_log` (may not be necessary)
5. `mntroot ro`
6. reboot

I tried rebuilding an installer package myself, but when attempting to install it, MRPI reported "no scripts found", and the official update installer fails about halfway through -- which I guess is when it tries to mess with the rootfs, considering it wouldn't install correctly without `mntroot rw`.

I figure the uninstall script would work quite the same way.

sorry for the two year bump :X
unilock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hacks