Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
Partzz
Partzz began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry
Question Feature Request

In order to keep my 'Universes' Correct, I have to overload my Series line. Example from Star Trek for saved file name:

Judith & Garfield ReevesStevens - Star Trek Deep Space Nine Millenium 1 - Fall of Terok Nor, The.mobi

I would like to possibly see a seperate 'Universe' line for metadata, saving and columns.

Thanks!
Partzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you looked at using a Custom column for this?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
Partzz

I'm going to try it. I really have not gotten into some of the custom features yet. I'll see what I can do tho.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
Vertigo
Enthusiast
Vertigo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O edition 2
The custom fields are great. Two very useful ones I have added are a yes/no field for whether I have read the book (I am terrible for buying books faster than I can read them). More usefully is one that identifies the source of the eBook in case I ever have to go back and download it again.
Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
Partzz

Got the custom field in place. Now just to figure out how to save with the 'Universe' variable. Sorta like [Folder=Universe]/[Series]/[Books]
Example: Star Trek/Millenium/Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens - Millenium 01 - The Fall of Terok Nor.mobi
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partzz View Post
Got the custom field in place. Now just to figure out how to save with the 'Universe' variable. Sorta like [Folder=Universe]/[Series]/[Books]
Example: Star Trek/Millenium/Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens - Millenium 01 - The Fall of Terok Nor.mobi
Assuming that 'Universe' is a custom field, you can't, yet. Kovid and I are working on using custom fields in save templates, amongst other things. We should have a beta version available soon, within a small number of weeks.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
Partzz

Cool. That would be awesome. (It'd also help me tremendously! I have over 28,000 books in my libraries.)