Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #1
jjjconnon
jjjconnon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Drag and Drop

Need a little help.

Running Windows 7 Home Premium, setup Calibre to run under compatibility mode as Windows XP. Everything works great but unable to drop and drop any (pdf, lrf, prc, etc.) book files into Calibre. Are there any settings I should have changed?
jjjconnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
why are you running in compat mode?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
jjjconnon

Drag and drop

Took your suggestion, undid compatibility mode, restarted, same issue.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjconnon View Post
Took your suggestion, undid compatibility mode, restarted, same issue.
Did you INSTALL Calibre using compatibility mode?
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
jjjconnon

Drag and Drop

I installed the latest version (0.6.43) on top of the previous version this morning without using compatibility mode.
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When you say you are unable to drop do you mean that the drop indicator never comes up or that when you drop nothing happens?
Old 02-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #7
jjjconnon

Drag and Drop

When I drag a file from an explorer window (drop indicator s I move it across my desktop) on top of the book list in the Calibre window, I get a zero symbol with a slash thru it (unable to drop symbol?) and Calibre does not see the book as a new addition
Old 02-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yes, that's a cannot drop symbol. Strange, I don't know of any reason why that should be happening? Any one else seeing this?
Old 02-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #9
jjjconnon

Drag and Drop

The only other information I can think to add is that when I install Calibre, the remove programs part of control panel does not have a "uninstall" for Calibre.

Also when I start Calibre I always get a User account Control warning popup stating "do you want to allow .... from an unkown publisher to make changes to this computer?" message.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #10
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yes, that's a cannot drop symbol. Strange, I don't know of any reason why that should be happening? Any one else seeing this?
No. Windows Vista. I did a few drag drops on clean 06.43 before switching to new Add book code, then several hundred. The new code should have no effect - it doesn't change your drag drop code.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #11
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
No problems with 6.43 in XP-SP3.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:59 PM   #12
jjjconnon

drag and Drop

Did some more looking, found I had the Privilege level setting for the shortcut, under the Compatibility Tab set to yes for run as an administrator. Win 7 will NOT allow a drag and drop from a lower order access control (Windows explorer) to a higher order window (Calibre as configured above). I changed the tab setting and am able to "Drag and Drop."

Thanks for taking the time to look at this issue!!