Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #1
sootyfaestoney
sootyfaestoney began at the beginning.

Device: kindle universal
kindle question help please

Hi folks, i just got a kindle for xmas and need a bit of help, i am in the uk and would like to know how on earth do I get the free download of the first chapter of a book, and is it all books that do this? also when I went to the store some books state that they are not available in uk, so is there another part of the store that downloads them or are we not getting them in the uk.
any help would be much appreciated
sootyfaestoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:41 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Unfortunately geographic restrictions have stuck in a big way this past year. I'll let others more experienced with it fill in the details.

Welcome to MR, I'm sure helpful people will be around shortly.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You can try a couple of things. Temporarily change your location on Amazon to the U.S. and download the sample. Or go to Mobipocket.com and download a sample. Don't buy your books at Mobipocket.com because they cost more and won't work on the Kindle but the samples, which are DRM-free, will.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote