Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 02-01-2009, 05:16 AM   #1
JRAWKER
Connoisseur
JRAWKER began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Paper
Dooney & Bourke - LIMITED EDITION CROC SKIN - + & PRS 500U2DB $255- Offers welcome

Hello!

Up for sale is the Sony PRS-500U2DB w/ the Limited Dooney & Bourke Crocodile Skin Case available now. The Reader and the Case are in LIKE NEW and PRISTINE condition - NOT A SINGLE BLEMISH!

This was a limited run from Sony available for a brief time during Valentines Day. Original MSRP is $600

This is the opportunity of a lifetime for those who missed out originally and regret it!

Asking Price is $255(Case alone is still worth $150-200)

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-10-2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Sold - by Dr. Drib
JRAWKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:29 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Be very careful if you sell to a buyer in a foreign country. If that case really is made of crocodile skin, you will require an export licence to ship it out of the country, since some species of crocodiles are endangered.

For more information, see:

http://www.fws.gov/permits/faqs/FaqC.shtml
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2009, 05:52 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
And to be honest, I really don't think anyone will pay $350 for a 500 regardless of the case.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And to be honest, I really don't think anyone will pay $350 for a 500 regardless of the case.
You'd be surprised. I have a friend who would pay 300 for the CASE, forget the reader! I didn't say she was the brightest tool in the shed, but she's RABID about Dooney and Bourke.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
You'd be surprised. I have a friend who would pay 300 for the CASE, forget the reader! I didn't say she was the brightest tool in the shed, but she's RABID about Dooney and Bourke.

Same here. I just don't understand that mentality.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #6
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Same here. I just don't understand that mentality.
I didn't say I understood her.... I own exactly ONE thing that is designer, and that is a purse. But, it is NOT Dooney & Bourke, it's America West, and it's lasted me a good five years already, and looking like it's got another ten to go. Plus that, it was a gift....
Old 02-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I didn't say I understood her.... I own exactly ONE thing that is designer, and that is a purse. But, it is NOT Dooney & Bourke, it's America West, and it's lasted me a good five years already, and looking like it's got another ten to go. Plus that, it was a gift....

No judgement, no judgement!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #8
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
No judgement, no judgement!
Seriously....she's one of these friends that I love to hang out with her simply because I don't get her. At all. She's rabidly into designers, has a wedding ring that could knock out a horse (or blind him, if her hand's in direct sunlight), and shops at all the places on Chicago's Mag Mile.

That being said, I don't get the mentality either. Functionality over form, (in other words, a Walmart purse holds my stuff just fine, why would I pay 600 dollars for something that does the same thing?), although if functional is also pretty, I'm all for it. With all the money this woman has spent on designer purses and blinding diamonds, I could have three or four ebook readers and 10 or so gigs worth of ebooks.

Last edited by phenomshel; 02-01-2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: to reverse words
Old 02-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
There you go, then.

Tell her to buy pay $300 to this person, and then sell the unit to make a little pocket change.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #10
JRAWKER
Connoisseur

Price dropped to $275.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAWKER View Post
Price dropped to $275.
If you don't get any bites here, have you thought about trying e-bay?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To be honest, I don't see anyone paying the same amount for a 500 that they can for a 505. The case is not going to make that much of a difference. You'd be best off selling the 500 and the case separately.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAWKER View Post
Price dropped to $275.
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but basically you should be able to sell the 500 on ebay (or even here) for between $125-$150.

You can realistically sell the case on ebay (or here) for between $60-$75.

I wish you all the best in whatever decision or path you wish to take regarding your items.

Sincerely,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #14
JRAWKER
Connoisseur

I posted it on ebay for 250, free shipping w. a BIN for $300
Old 02-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Still too expensive. With all the Kindle 1's being sold, you'll never sell an old 500 for as much as you think.

Tags
dooney & bourke, sony