Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 03:36 AM   #1
epublisher
epublisher began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
HI all and I need help :)

Hi all. This is my first post!!!
I need some help with my epub files.
I convert one of my books from InDesign into epub and correct that with Sigil.
Then I validate it EPUB Validator. Everything is fine on my kindle. Then I convert that into mobi with Calibre, for my Android phone. I have Kindle reader app on my phone, but there are only squares displayed. What is the problem???
Thanks
epublisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sounds like a text encoding issue. Mobi only deals with utf-8 or windows-1252, I believe.

Quote:
Then I validate it EPUB Validator. Everything is fine on my kindle.
This, however, confuses me. The one has nothing to do with the other (unless you're talking about a third-party ePub-reading app on a Kindle Fire). Convert your ePub with the official Amazon tools (kindlegen/Kindle Previewer) and see if the "squares" don't go away.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert