Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #1
Abner78
Abner78 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch full screen as default

Hello everybody... I have just purchased a Kindle Touch and I find it very nice (being my first ereader I have no comparisons).

I read everything without problems, except the comics.
Being somewhat disappointed by Amazon decision to remove image viewer, I have to convert all .cbz and .cbr to .mobi
This is done without issues in calibre, but when I read them, I get a large white border on all four sides. The zoom function (long press the image, press the magnifing glass in center) does exactly what I need but doesn't stick.
I'd like to always have on the zoom function ... is it possible?

Thanks!
Abner78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
rastik
Connoisseur
rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, Kindle Keyboard
This is not possible with standard KT. On older Kindles it was possible to alter horizontal (left and right) margins. KT uses binary file for that, so it not so straightforward as it was. Once I un-brick my KT I'll try to find how to modify pref file to get narrower margins.
With possibilities KT gives us, someone might write cbz/cbr reader that will do what you asked for.
rastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2012, 05:40 AM   #3
Abner78
Abner78 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thank you... I think two ways of doing this:
1) Getting the zoom function to "stick", at least for viewing a single document.
2) Writing a cbz/cbr reader as you suggest.

I could even try to do the latter, but I'll have to jb it and it seems it not as safe as it seems (or you bricked yours in another way?)
Abner78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
DuckFOO
Enthusiast
DuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and graceDuckFOO herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: None
So the "put the images into a zip file" thing doesn't work anymore?
DuckFOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, it doesn't.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
rastik
Connoisseur
rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.rastik is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abner78 View Post
I could even try to do the latter, but I'll have to jb it and it seems it not as safe as it seems (or you bricked yours in another way?)
Most (but not all) people here had no problems with JB. Mine went fine, I bricked it while modifying internal files directly.
rastik is offline   Reply With Quote