Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Cheap covers dangers and lights

I was looking in amazon for a cheap cover/pouch and a light.
I found quite a few cheap covers. For example this one even comes with a light:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A2F4X97S1IYW70

or something like this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sigma-Access...76421&sr=1-173

Unfortunately there are no reviews for them usually. I don't care about how it looks as long as it does the job of protecting kindle. The problem is that one of the cheap covers had a few reviews which said that it stained the kindle permanently. I definitely do not want to buy a cover for protecting kindle and to actually end up damaging it. So, now I am afraid to buy a cheap cover with no reviews.

Could someone recommend a cheap cover they tried?

I also contemplating about getting the cover with a light or getting a separate light. I prefer separate light since I will read without cover (cover will be just for protection), but when you need to use batteries which makes kindle heavier. Some lights need even 3 batteries. I'm thinking of getting a cover for protection and a separate light with AAA batteries (1-2, not 3) since they can be recharched. Again some lights have no reviews and some which do have complains about them not fitting the kindle - they cover some of the text lines when put on kindle. I tried one pouch with a light in tesco and the light looked really bad - it didn't lit the whole screen.

So in short, I need a cheap solution for a light and protection of kindle. Possible ways to do this:
1. cover and separate light
2. pouch and separate light
3. lighted cover but I'd still would need a separate light.

Which is better for protection - cover or a pouch? I won't cover kindle while reading. I want it to stay light as it is. Only the light can add weight.

All I care is that kindle is protected when not in use and the light lights the whole screen not just parts of it and doesn't cover the text.
I'm not interested if it's pretty, leather or anything like that, just fulfill their function. For a light I'm prepared to pay more if it's really good since it is important for reading. My kindle looks very nice in good light, in a dim light it's terrible.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
The problem with most cheap covers is they tend to fall apart after a few weeks use. I'd go with a Marware cover. Myself I love the Eco-Flip. It adds hardly no weight to the reader. There is a hand holder that makes one hand reading a breeze. It's add good protection too and well worth the price.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Seems like the cheapest one is about 24 pounds. In no way I would pay that much. I'd rather buy extended warranty and not care about damaging kindle. It's actually cheaper and 100% secure. Having cover doesn't make you 100% secure, warranty does.

Now I started to actually consider it.

It's still a lot of money. It personally costs me 4 times as much as it costs for UK resident because of the currency of my income. So it becomes very expensive to me.

Any idea where to see my warranty information? I have a 30 days window to buy the warranty and wonder how to know when it expires.

Last edited by Noughty; 12-09-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noughty View Post
Seems like the cheapest one is about 24 pounds. In no way I would pay that much. I'd rather buy extended warranty and not care about damaging kindle. It's actually cheaper and 100% secure. Having cover doesn't make you 100% secure, warranty does.

Now I started to actually consider it.

It's still a lot of money. It personally costs me 4 times as much as it costs for UK resident because of the currency of my income. So it becomes very expensive to me.

Any idea where to see my warranty information? I have a 30 days window to buy the warranty and wonder how to know when it expires.
At least get something to protect. Try Ebay. I got a nice Ex-Point Leather sleeve for 7USD

Kindle screens are fragile! And the warranty only covers up to 3 claims usually.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #5
Noughty
Addict

Yes, of course I would buy something extremely cheap when. I still have a few days to decide.

So any recommendations for cheap covers?
Advert