Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
mosker
mosker began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
my new Kobo Touch and some questions

Hi,

I have a new Kobo Touch. I'm quite happy with the toy. It works speedy and the touch screen works as expected.

Hope somebody can help me with these questions:

I have the firmware 1.9.9 r.30773 and I don't find the multilingual support.
Is there any international version with Spanish language?.

- Is there some way to create a new dictionary with some special format or something like that?.

- How can I include my own fonts?. I need Sanscrit and Pali eastern characters for some of my papers. Is there any Kobo font able to support diacritical characters and eastern languages?

thanks and congratulations for the nice product.
mosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosker View Post
I have the firmware 1.9.9 r.30773 and I don't find the multilingual support.
Is there any international version with Spanish language?.

- Is there some way to create a new dictionary with some special format or something like that?.

- How can I include my own fonts?. I need Sanscrit and Pali eastern characters for some of my papers. Is there any Kobo font able to support diacritical characters and eastern languages?
No idea on multilingual support - there is none on the North American versions, anyway.

Can't alter the dictionary.

Create a directory named "fonts" (all lowercase like that, no quotes) and copy and paste your fonts (from your c:\windows\fonts or where ever you have .ttf fonts) to that directory.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Currently no multi lingual versions. German is meant to be coming real soon now.

User Dictionarys; no means available to add your own.

Fonts; you need a directory called "fonts" (exact case) in the root of the Kobo. Then True Type / Open Type fonts can be placed there. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=46 for some info on how they should be named.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
mosker
mosker began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
yes! it works creating the /font folder in root path, and renaming the fonts with b,i,r character at the end.

Although it seems the OTF fonts seems to be more able to reflect diacritic characters. The TTF fonts has some problems with these characters or to reflect bold or italics.

Finally I have found these OTF for Pali and Sanscrit and these are working (Pali, Guru):
http://www.aimwell.org/Fonts/fonts.html

lof of thanks
mosker is offline   Reply With Quote