Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-07-2016, 04:49 AM   #1
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Kindle for iPad gone?

Multiple people on reddit are reporting right now that they cannot find the Kindle app on the iOS app store. Temporary hiccup, or did it get pulled for some reason? Only time will tell!
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:41 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Glad I'm on Android.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2016, 07:00 AM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
It's still on both my iPads, so I'm sure it's probably some Android guy trying to use his kid's iPad and got confused.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:13 AM   #4
DaveFalcon73
Connoisseur
DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Voyage, Kindle PaperWhite
It's also not in the UK iOS store either. Sometimes it can just be a developer has found a bad crash and they've pulled the app back which will make it not appear in the store whilst they get a fixed update to the app pushed out and into Apple for certification.

That said it could definitely be that Amazon have done something to not comply with terms and conditions. I seem to recall that new iOS apps now need to comply with IPv6, so if they have tried to push an update out maybe that's caused a problem if it didn't have IPv6 support in it.

*EDIT* The more I think about it the more it's likely to be IPv6. A developer I work for had to recently push out an app update but we were using lots of support files on AWS (Amazon Web Service) Cloud. The only way we could get around this as Amazon wasn't IPv6 compliant yet was to basically move our files to Microsoft cloud. This would only happen if they were trying to push an app update out though, existing apps are fine. So my guess is Amazon have come unstuck with IPv6 support because Kindle app will be using their cloud services.

Anyone deleting the app from their iPhone/iPad will be fine because they can go back into the Store purchases and find the app there and re-download the old (latest) version of the app. Anyone new though that hasn't downloaded it before won't be able to get it until Amazon fix the app update.

Last edited by DaveFalcon73; 09-07-2016 at 07:29 AM.
DaveFalcon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:30 AM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

It is likely just a glitch. Amazon is not likely to pull the Kindle iOS app when it happens to be the flagship of the Kindle apps. The iOS version of Kindle has always been much better and with more recently added features than that garbage they release for Android and the Fire. Kindle app on my iThingies is way better than the Kindle app on my Fire HD6. It makes no sense to me why Amazon doesn't stress the Fire app more.

Also don't forget that the Search function in the iOS app store is total garbage. It is not uncommon for Search to not find stuff that is there.
Advert
Old 09-07-2016, 10:38 AM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Not the first time it's seemingly disappeared. Other times it's happened it's shown back up in a few hours IIRC.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:48 AM   #7
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
<conspiracy theory>Apple is announcing new products today. Perhaps they have a new version of iBooks and don't want the competition.</conspiracy theory>
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:06 AM   #8
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
If you go to the store, it's there, but listed as not available for download. Most likely either a glitch.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:33 AM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Also don't forget this is the day that Apple is going to announce new iPhones. The Apple stores including the App store sometimes get flaky on this day as they prepare for the announcement.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:08 PM   #10
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I was in the local Apple Store this morning and they could not even get to there on produces online. Today is an Apple Keynote so I am sure that new updates are being done to the online sites and more than likely even to the App Store. IOS 10 is due out but more than likely not until next Wednesday.

Also I found this out

If any of my friends have the IPhone or IPad and they have issues with charging or if it just logs up or is slow do a hard reset. This should take care of it. There is a bug in the IOS 9,3,5 firmware.
cvkemp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:16 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
That's 9.3.5. Notice the periods and not the commas.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:16 PM   #12
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wonder if there was a bug in the latest kindle for IOS. My app updated yesterday and as most have said the kindle app is on showing in the apple App Store today here in the USA also.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:17 PM   #13
cvkemp
Loving life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's 9.3.5. Notice the periods and not the commas.
Sorry I was typing on the go what is the big deal.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #14
jswinden
Nameless Being

LOL, maybe we can blame this on Mario. Watching the keynote and they just announced Super Mario Run in the App store. Meh, IMO, but some people will get excited about a 1980's style of game that was boring even back then...
Old 09-07-2016, 02:45 PM   #15
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
"....The new color is called Jet Black and is much darker and richer than the Space Black of years past...."

I'm OH SO GLAD! I was afraid it was going to be that same old Space Black!

Last edited by kennyc; 09-07-2016 at 02:54 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote