Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 06:47 AM   #151
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I think 1000 books is way to many for a K4. They claim it holds 1400 but really you shouldn't put more than 1/3 of that on there.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #152
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I think 1000 books is way to many for a K4. They claim it holds 1400 but really you shouldn't put more than 1/3 of that on there.
I think the K4 THINKS 1000 is too much for it, let alone 1400. Actually, it's exactly 857, but I was going for "stress testing on-board memory". It's acting funny, and very slow. Searching items is painstaking. So I may have to bail off some books.

When I plug it into the CPU, it shows memory is less than half full. So IDK
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #153
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald07 View Post
I think the K4 THINKS 1000 is too much for it, let alone 1400. Actually, it's exactly 857, but I was going for "stress testing on-board memory". It's acting funny, and very slow. Searching items is painstaking. So I may have to bail off some books.

When I plug it into the CPU, it shows memory is less than half full. So IDK
But that it's a normal thing, I'm afraid. Software is not optimized for handling as many files as the device can keep.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #154
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
But that it's a normal thing, I'm afraid. Software is not optimized for handling as many files as the device can keep.

Thanks for the advice. Because of the shear number of files I have, when I tried to do a search, the poor little thing was spinning and spinning. And then the battery went low, and I couldn't get it to come back. Still spinning the next day.

Ended up charging & doing a hard reset. Smartened it up mostly, though still slow to search....
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #155
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Yeah, I got into the habit of removing files from my K4 that I don't think I'm going to read again. I haven't experienced any performance issues yet.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert