Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-29-2013, 04:58 AM   #46
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
In honor of Halloween, Hexes and Tooth Decay can be read for free at Bear Mountain Books. It's short and funny, and the Amazon reviewers seem to like the twist ending.

More importantly, it's got a witch and a grumpy rock fairy, and it's part of the Hexes and Haunts Halloween anthology, which of course is what I'm really trying to sell by giving one of the stories away for free.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:59 PM   #47
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Emerging from self-imposed hermitdom long enough to commune with the internet. Recent (and upcoming) events of note:

TOR Forge has has released a book trailer for the upcoming Carbide-Tipped Pens anthology, which will include stories by Gregory Benford, Aliette de Bodard, Jack McDevitt, yours truly, and many others. According to the Macmillan web site, Ben Bova also has a story in there, although I don't recall that in the original TOC and so it's possible they're simply referring to the introduction.

I've never been in a book that had a trailer before. I think it's kinda cool.

In other news, Deorc Enterprise ended up asking for a fourth Dark Expanse story, and nearly the entire kaboodle got packaged in with Surviving the Collapse. They were really fun stories to write. I'm considering sending Bill Snee a ping to see if they'll let me do some more.

Baen Books is releasing Shattered Shields on November 4th. This is a military fantasy collection with stories by Larry Correia, Sarah A. Hoyt, Gray Rinehart, Elizabeth Moon and a bunch of other awesome people.

New collection of reprints is out, featuring the cybernetic leg story from MIT's Technology Review, a love story from IGMS, and also some not-previously-released stuff.

And, of course, in my now traditional yearly promotional push for Hexes and Haunts, which I dearly love and which I never seem to have enough time to publicize properly:

I am giving away a Halloween Kitten.
(No, really.)

Last edited by Nancy Fulda; 10-29-2014 at 03:05 PM. Reason: broken links.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:18 PM   #48
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post
Emerging from self-imposed hermitdom long enough to commune with the internet. Recent (and upcoming) events of note:

Baen Books is releasing Shattered Shields on November 4th. This is a military fantasy collection with stories by Larry Correia, Sarah A. Hoyt, Gray Rinehart, Elizabeth Moon and a bunch of other awesome people.
Read Deadfall over the weekend and enjoyed it. So far have not found a single story in Shattered Shields that is not well written.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:38 PM   #49
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
And, of course, in my now traditional yearly promotional push for Hexes and Haunts, which I dearly love and which I never seem to have enough time to publicize properly:
And it seems to be on special offer at Amazon UK at the moment, just £0.77! And yes, you've got me to buy it, even with my enormous TBR list.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:33 PM   #50
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
And yes, you've got me to buy it, even with my enormous TBR list.
You, sir, have just made it on to my cookie list. If I wore a hat, I would tip it to you in gratitude.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:46 AM   #51
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If I wore a hat, I would tip it to you in gratitude.
You mean you've mis-laid your halloween avatar? For shame!
Old 12-02-2014, 03:39 PM   #52
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

Carbide-Tipped Pens releases today!

Edited by Eric Choi and Ben Bova, billed as "Seventeen Hard SF Tales by Today’s Top Authors", positively reviewed by Kirkus, Library Journal, and Bureau42.com.

I've been in a lot of anthologies, but this is the first one that's gotten me name-specific kudos on Kirkus. It's a good day to write.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #53
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Congratulations Nancy. Well deserved!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:04 PM   #54
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Congratuations!

[EDIT: It is released on 2nd December, i.e. today, but doesn't seem to have a UK ebook listed yet. It's a TOR book, so I suppose it'll show up soon.]

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-02-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:14 PM   #55
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hmm... It's on Audible.com, too. I may have just found a use for this Audible credit that's been burning a hole in my pocket.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 05:25 PM   #56
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

Reviews are coming in for Recollection. Not bad for a 3000-word story. I'm beginning to hope this one might have a shot at some of the year's nomination lists.

Quote:
Nancy Fulda’s “Recollection” and Daniel H. Wilson’s “The Blue Afternoon that Lasted Forever” bring a laserlike focus to pure, powerful moments of human connection.

-Kirkus
Quote:
I didn’t think this would be up my alley, but I ended up finding it very touching. A new treatment has been developed for Alzheimer’s. Unfortunately, while it arrests the progress of the disease, it is unable to restore lost memories. The story explores one family’s – specifically, one couple’s – wrestling with the new reality that the treatment has given them. Very realistic, and something that could be a real issue within our lifetimes.

- http://readingtrance.wordpress.com/
Quote:
The final story, Nancy Fulda’s “Recollection,” examines spousal affection when the husband has been cured of Alzheimer’s, but the memories already robbed by the disease cannot be recovered....

These two stories are tearjerkers, if you are so inclined. (I was.)

-http://bennitheblog.com/bookbiters/carbide-tipped-pens-edited-by-ben-bova-and-eric-choi/
Old 12-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #57
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I'm very pleased for you! I hope you have a really successful 2015!
Old 12-31-2014, 05:33 AM   #58
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

Thank you, and may you have the same!

I've entered into a bargain for my immortal soul promised a friend that I will submit ze novel to agents by January 31, on pain of never ever being able to own one of her hand-crocheted cthulhu dolls if I default. (She also said very nice things about the book itself, which did marvels for my motivation.)

So. Novel. By January 31. It's that close!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:41 AM   #59
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

SURVIVING THE COLLAPSE, a tie-in anthology featuring aliens and technology from the Dark Expanse video game, is free on Amazon as part of a promotional push by the publisher.

I have three stories in this anthology: one about a teenager fleeing from a doomed planet and two about a species of astrophobic aliens who nevertheless build space ships to perform secret ops missions among the stars. If you grab a free copy, you can read them and maybe even send me fan mail. (I like fan mail.)
Old 05-18-2015, 09:49 AM   #60
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Yay! Free stories! Thanks!
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote