Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #541
wymore
Enthusiast
wymore began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I just installed mPuzzle last night, and I couldn't be happier with it. I am a huge kakuro fan, and that is just one of the many puzzle games included on this free app. It has sudoku too.
wymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #542
desertdawg
Zealot
desertdawg began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Hi,
Thanks for the mPuzzle tip. It has irregular sudoku and sudoku x,
which are faves of mine.

250+solitaire is another good free game. It has a very good
version of freecell solitaire.

Rgds, Dave
desertdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2011, 04:39 AM   #543
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Teamviewer is pretty sweet for remote desktop control of your PC. It's free for personal use. Something like ES File Explorer is a must for me, too--it has its glitches, but makes it super easy to navigate to your PC over Wi-Fi and grab files. I've heard about File Expert for the same purpose, and I'm going to try it and see if it's better.

The main issues I'm having with ES are:
1) I can multi-select to cut or copy, but not to paste. If you put multiple items on the clipboard, you will have to paste them one at a time. The workaround is just to copy whole folders rather than multiple items in a folder, and only copy, DO NOT CUT, to avoid losing data.

2) Deleting files often causes FCs. No big deal--just re-open the app.

3) Files stay on the clipboard after you've pasted them, even if you go copy something else.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:22 PM   #544
irisclara
irisclara is on a distinguished road

Device: eee 900ha, CM7 Nook Color
I've been really enjoying this thread. Here's a couple apps I haven't seen mentioned yet.

I'm running CM7 (no overclock)so YMMV on this but Vital Player Neon plays divx and xvid movies smoothly for me. I didn't resize or convert them or anything. I just dumped in some Sherlock Holmes episodes and they worked great.

Jigsaroid is an app that generates jigsaw puzzles from pics on your device or found through the built-in Google image search. You can lock the puzzle in to portrait or landscape for bigger or smaller puzzles, or choose from five different piece sizes. I tried most of the jigsaw puzzle apps in the Market and this one wins hands down.

Both of these apps are free.
irisclara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:39 AM   #545
irisclara
irisclara is on a distinguished road

Device: eee 900ha, CM7 Nook Color
After suggesting it to someone over on xdadevs I realized I hadn't seen Rainy Days mentioned in this thread. Rainy Days is the sort of app I rooted for to begin with. It's a simple fullscreen weather radar app. No temp, no forecast, just a big beautiful radar map with pinch-to-zoom, adjustable speed and loop length, automatic orientation change, and adjustable transparency on the radar overlay. You can switch from satellite to simplified road map. It's even global, with all the same features for almost every country and even the oceans. It's really neat to zoom all the way out and see the weather moving across the Earth. It's the sort of thing tablets are made for.

price: Free!

Last edited by irisclara; 06-17-2011 at 01:40 AM. Reason: left off price
irisclara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2011, 02:40 AM   #546
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

File Expert is proving much less buggy than ES File Explorer (no bugs so far), and the favorites/bookmarks feature is great: bookmark my books, comics and videos on my PC, and the corresponding folders on the NC, and grabbing files is about as simple as possible.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #547
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
File Expert is proving much less buggy than ES File Explorer (no bugs so far), and the favorites/bookmarks feature is great: bookmark my books, comics and videos on my PC, and the corresponding folders on the NC, and grabbing files is about as simple as possible.
I have not experienced a single bug in ES File Explorer the only thing I have come across that I didn't like was to paste you have to go into settings/other or something and I would prefer if a long press in directory would open up a menu with paste in it. Always looking for improvement so will give File expert a try.

Not sure what the bookmarks feature would do for me can you elaborate for me.

Last edited by goldberry; 06-17-2011 at 12:52 PM.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:48 PM   #548
taosaur
intelligent posterior

File Expert has a Favorites tab along with Local, Network, and Apps. Any directory you bookmark shows up on the Favorites tab for quick access without going through the whole file tree on either the NC or your PC.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #549
JonnyG
JonnyG began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Installed Yahtz Me aka Yahtzee from market last night. Fun game!
JonnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #550
taosaur
intelligent posterior

I just discovered Handrite for freehand note taking, and it works much better than I would have expected. I don't have a capacitive stylus handy, but finger input was quite consistent and legible.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #551
SammyWI
SammyWI has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2, NookColor (rooted)
MAME4droid has just been released and works pretty well. I have it running on CM7. Seems pretty well suited to a tablet. The touchscreen controls work better than I expected, but still fairly limiting. Easy to miss pressing the controls with no real buttons or stick to feel. Quite a few games don't work but many more do. I may need to mess with the MAME rom set some more.

Getting my MAME fix on the go has never been easier! I give it a thumbs up.

http://code.google.com/p/imame4all/

Last edited by SammyWI; 09-11-2011 at 11:09 AM.
SammyWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #552
osowiecki
Connoisseur
osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.osowiecki could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ASUS eee Note / Nook Touch
Edit : wrong nook

Please remove this post...

Last edited by osowiecki; 02-17-2012 at 04:33 PM.
osowiecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #553
jrindt
jrindt began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
How to install Live Holdem Pro on Nook Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
Here are all of the apps that I have installed right now (all working). I've had many others, but these are my keepers so far.

Games:

Air Control
Air Attack
Air Hockey Deluxe
Angry Birds
Angry Birds Seasons
Asphalt 5
Barrr
Bebbled
Blow Up
Bubble Blast Holiday
City Jump
Doodle Bowling
Doodle Jump
Droid mini Golf
Dungeon Defenders
Dungeon Hunter
EVAC HD
Flight Director
Gem Miner: Dig Deeper
Hungry Shark
Jewels
Krazy Kart Racing
Labyrinth
Live Hold em Pro
Ninjump
N.O.V.A.
Paper Toss
Pool Break Pro
Robo Defense
Raging Thunder 2
Shoot U!
Slice It
Steambirds
Uniwar
Wordfeud
Word Up
Word Wrench

Entertainment:

3-d Gallery
Pulse
Peter Griffin Soundboard
Google Earth
Listen
Doggcatcher
Facebook
Movies
Quickpedia
Epicurious

Audio/Video:

ESPN Radio
iheartradio
Last FM
Real Player
Rock Player
Slacker
Slingplayer
Tune in Radio
TV.com
Winamp
Youtube

Reading:

ACV
Aldiko
Amazon Kindle
Comixology
Instafetch
Laputa
Perfect Viewer

Utilities:

Advanced Task Killer
Appbrain
Astrid Tasks
Astro
Bookmarks To SD
Button Savior
Calculator
Es File Explorer
Gmail
Home Switcher
Jorte
Nook Color Tools
Real Calc
Set CPU
Spare Parts
Superuser
Titanium Backup
Z4Root

Browsers:

Dolphin Browser HD
Skyfire

Sports:

Yahoo Live Scores
NFL Feeds
Sportstap
Steelers News
TSX Steelers

Shopping:

ebay

Widgets:

Beautiful Widgets
Pure Calendar

Live Wallpapers:

Christmas Magic
Coca Cola Snowglobe
Falling Snow
Stock Android Wallpapers
Aquarium

Launcher:

Zeam

Whew!!!

I see you have installed the app Live Holdem Pro on your Nook Color. I cannot seem to do that. Can you tell me how you did it? What am I missing?
jrindt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #554
tarzanphan60
Enthusiast
tarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Nook Color, Tablet, HD, HD+
Lots of good information here. I'm going to have to look at some of these apps and try them out on my Tablet and Color.
tarzanphan60 is offline   Reply With Quote