Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-06-2022, 01:58 PM   #16
Spinningwoman
Connoisseur
Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinningwoman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1
It was really easy and it has made all the difference to using it. I was pointed to it from the Kobo forum on Reddit, but I think the instructions are actually here on mobileread somewhere.
Spinningwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 03:18 PM   #17
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Wink

Aaargh, you know, the last time I was tinkering around with handheld devices in this way was prior to the invention of the iPhone, when I kept "flashing the ROMs" of my Windows-based cellphones. That was Windows Mobile, or whatever it was called back in those days – an utter nightmare, and I'd hate to go back to any of that.

If there were easy-to-follow instructions for accomplishing with my ancient Kobo Mini what you accomplished with yours, I might give it a try. But I'm just too busy to scrutinize any of this in detail.

Besides, in my case, a battery purchase and swap would be necessary, too, and I'd definitely not attempt to swap the battery on my own. A technician's assistance would be needed.

(I've now re-checked the battery level on my Kobo Mini: it's now down to 10%, despite my not having used it at all since it last showed 87% a couple of days ago. So, this particular battery has run its course...)
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2022, 07:27 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Aaargh, I wish I had your patience (and knowledge), @Spinningwoman, to add Dropbox to my Kobo Mini as well! It really sucks that whenever I need to send a book to my Kobo Mini, the only way to do it (if it's not purchased via Kobo Store) is via a darn mini-USB cable! Hard to get hold of one these days... Practically all of my devices have switched to USB-C by now.
A microUSB cable is very easy to get a hold of these days.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 07:39 AM   #19
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
A microUSB cable is very easy to get a hold of these days.
Agreed!

Almost every supermarket and general shop has micro-USB. It's mini-USB that's non-existent in local shops. USB-A to USB-B still common and USB-A to USB-C a little rarer than USB-C to USB-C.

Online absolutely any kind is easy to get very cheaply.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 03:12 PM   #20
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs down

You guys never heard of hyperbole, eh? I can look at one such cable right now as I type this. You think I was charging the Kobo Mini out of thin air the other day when I reported I was in the process of charging it?

The point is, it's a nuisance in 2022 to have to keep such obsolete cables around just for the sake of charging an old appliance. Anyway, my Kobo Mini is dead, so it's a moot point. USB-C is the new King Charles.
Advert
Old 09-08-2022, 04:42 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Agreed!

Almost every supermarket and general shop has micro-USB. It's mini-USB that's non-existent in local shops. USB-A to USB-B still common and USB-A to USB-C a little rarer than USB-C to USB-C.

Online absolutely any kind is easy to get very cheaply.
USB-A to USB-C is not rare at all.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:37 PM   #22
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Aaargh, ...
Quote:
Aaargh, ...
I think you are on the wrong site. This is Mobile Read. I think you are looking for Mobile Pirate.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 07:31 PM   #23
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Sorry, never heard of such a game until googling it just now. (Can we get any more off-topic in reaction to a throwaway remark about an obsolete type of charging cable?)
Old 09-09-2022, 04:42 AM   #24
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
USB-A to USB-C is not rare at all.
No, it's not, I was just writing that the USB-C to USB-C is more common in local shops.
Quote:
a little rarer than
doesn't mean rare.

But no difficulty buying USB-A to USB-C locally without going online. I got a 3m one in Range in Limerick cheaper than a 1m USB-A to micro USB cable in Tesco supermarket.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 11:57 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I find that USB-A to USB-C is more common then USB-C to USB-C. While we have devices that use USB-C to transfer data and be charged, most of the laptops, computers, chargers have USB-A ports. Until the other day, none of my chargers have a USB-C port. The only one that does is the universal plug adapter that has three USB-A and one USB-C. My laptop has one USB-C port. My Wife's iPad Pro has USB-C and so does the charger that came with it. But most people will need a USB-A to USB-C cable.