Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #136
GhostDreamer
GhostDreamer is at the top of the food chain.GhostDreamer is at the top of the food chain.GhostDreamer is at the top of the food chain.GhostDreamer is at the top of the food chain.GhostDreamer is at the top of the food chain.GhostDreamer is at the top of the food chain.GhostDreamer is at the top of the food chain.GhostDreamer is at the top of the food chain.GhostDreamer is at the top of the food chain.GhostDreamer is at the top of the food chain.GhostDreamer is at the top of the food chain.

Device: PRS 650
No it's not a deal breaker - in fact I have no need for a wireless e-reader. First, I always carry my psp go with me which allows me to access the internet, play games and watch videos. Second and the most important thing, there are very very few places I can access my email/internet in public in my town without costing me a dime (the powers that be in town don't believe in free wireless connection). Even in cafes, we have to pay to use it so why should I?

I'm simply not one of those people who needs to download a book right away while I'm out shopping, eating dinner at the restaurant, etc. I have to think and plan what I want to read. I have 200 books and 5 manga loaded in my ereader (I don't use the SD card slots) and I only completed 10 books so far. For me the most important features I need in my ereader are the dictionaries, touchscreen and no glare.
GhostDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #137
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
It is a deal breaker for me - but that is just because I have had it, and gotten used to using it. I used to only turn my wireless on to get updates. Then I found Calibre will send books to my kindle. I just click the books I want to send. Much easier than drag and drop
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert