Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-29-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
elf
elf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.elf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.elf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.elf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony ereader
windows reinstall/drm issues

Hi Everyone,

I'm about to reinstall windows - stability issues etc. So I'm wondering how I should go about reinstalling connect.

Is it a simple case of reinstall windows, reinstall connect, and all my books are re-downloaded?

Or do I need to make backups of the books I downloaded, de-authorise the reader and PC, then re-auth everything afterwards? I'm kinda worried that if I get it wrong I will have a bunch of unreadable content I paid for.

So if anyone else has done this, I'd appreciate any pointers to avoid pitfalls.

Elf
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
You can redownload books, but that can be done only manually. So if you have a lot, it's better to back them up. By default they go into "My Documents\My Books\CONNECT Reader".
I don't think you need to deauthorize the Reader, but you should deauthorize the PC software.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert