Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
ID number and title

If I have the ID number that Calibre assigned to a book how do I find out the title of the book? I can search my windows directory for '(nnn)' but I am sure there is an easier way. I have the numbers for about 50 books and would like the titles and/or authors that go along with them.

Thanks...................Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:32 AM   #2
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
There may be an easier way than this but my suggestion is to create your own "catalog".

To do this select all the books in your library.

Then using the drop down box for "Convert Books", choose "Create Catalog of books in your library"

On the First Tab choose CSV as your Catalog Format

On the Second Tab select as many options as you want. For ease here you could include ID, Author, Title. (the more you choose, the bigger the catalog, the longer the CPU crunch time)

Apply, then OK. It will create the Catalog and ask you where to store it (Desktop etc)

This will then be an Excel Document that you can open and manipulate as you see fit.

If you sort by the ID column etc they will be in numerical order.

Hope this can get you by until somebody thinks of a simpler method.

Brewjono.
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 02:15 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
If I have the ID number that Calibre assigned to a book how do I find out the title of the book? I can search my windows directory for '(nnn)' but I am sure there is an easier way. I have the numbers for about 50 books and would like the titles and/or authors that go along with them.

Thanks...................Jackie
If you don't mind using the commandline , calibredb can give you a list.

http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/cli/calibredb.html
for help with options and sorting

OK, I have to ask.
"How did you end up with only ID numbers?"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:33 AM   #4
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

OK, I have to ask.
I really wanted to know as well, but was pretending to be polite.

Brewjono
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #5
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
OK, I have to ask.
Actually a while ago I was looking for which books I had used the unwrap line value on because I wanted to test a better PDF converter on those books. I was given a cmd line expression to use but the output didn't include the name or title. It did include the ID numbers.

Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
Actually a while ago I was looking for which books I had used the unwrap line value on because I wanted to test a better PDF converter on those books. I was given a cmd line expression to use but the output didn't include the name or title. It did include the ID numbers.

Jackie
THNX

Make more sense now.
If you have "SQLlite Database browser", you could peek into the books table.

JUST DON'T TOUCH
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote